Spa leaking down overnight

robl45

Oct 27, 2007
Parkland, FL
So this is an ongoing problem now. I used the cheap flappers and they would work for a few days then might not, then work again, then I would put some lube on the flapper and it would work again maybe for a night or two. Now I broke down and bought a Jandy one and its leaking down as we speak. I know there is nothing wrong with anything else as one of the flappers held for at least a week just recently. I don't know what to do, but I"m about to lose my mind. Can anyone help?

Rob,

Sometimes when they glue the Jandy valve body in place, a little glue gets on the the area where the flapper is supposed to seal.

Take a good look and make sure the flapper seat looks good.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: 1poolman1
I did. Wiped down with paper towel as well nice and smooth I don’t get it. I might try putting the non jandy back on but it is due back at Amazon in a few days. I don’t want to lube the flapper again as someone told me last time as that works at best for 3 days

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.