Las Vegas, NV
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Edge-40
First off thanks for taking the time to answer my question any feedback is appreciated.

I have an inground pool (15k gallon) and spa (800 gallon) and it is currently getting re plastered.

I am converting everything over to salt and was planning to heat the spa using a propane heater, but have found out that the tank placement is going to be an issue on my property.

I am now thinking of getting a heat pump and an inline electric heater or possibly just an inline electric heater but I am only looking to heat my spa.

I am attaching a picture of my equipment but my question is would it be possible to continuously heat my hot top using an inline electric heater without heating the pool and keeping circulation to both the pool and spa?

Or what would y'all suggest as the best way to heat my spa?

Attachments

• IMG_0410 Large.jpeg
    IMG_0410 Large.jpeg
    387.2 KB · Views: 20
Where are you located? Please put your location in your profile so it displays
<<—— there.

Heating your hot tub in North Dakota is more difficult then in Arizona.

You have a single body of water with one pump. You can have circulation and heating in your pool or spa at a given time.

It is all about BTUs. A HP will heat slower then a gas heater. And an electric heater will heat slower then a HP.

I'm in Las Vegas... Just found out propane is not going to be an option and getting a gas main hooked up is very expensive.

Looking at a heat pump/inline electric combination but only looking to heat the spa.

Can this be done with my current setup?

You have a place to put the heater? The pic you posted looks crowded.

Can you provide 50 amp electrical to the HP?

Sounds like you have all you need for a HP.

What brands you looking at?

Consider AquaCal, BuiltRight or Gulfstream.

Check that you can get local warranty support and service for whatever HP you get. Some companies just install them and don't servcie them because you need an EPA certification to handle the refrigerant.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.