Suwanee, GA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-20
We’ve had our pool for two years now and it’s our first pool. Aside from cleaning cartridges and balancing water we are pretty clueless. About a month ago we noticed our spillover spa was draining about a third of its water into the pool when off. Did some research and replaced the check valve. That fixed the issue for a couple of weeks and then it went back to draining again. Yesterday we heated the pool. That’s when we noticed more problems. Sheer descents don’t come on. Valves turn but zero water flow into the pool. This is the first time we have turned them on this season but did notice them come on automatically during winter freezes. When we got into the pool we noticed zero flow from the pool jets. All flow is coming from the spa. Planning to call someone out but wondering if this is an easy fix we can do ourselves. Just don’t know where to start. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jen,

My 'guess' is that one of your valve actuators is bad or in the wrong position.

Show us several pics of your equipment pad and I suspect we might be able to spot something.

You should have two valves that switch your system between the pool and spa modes. These two valve should both move about 180 degrees when switching modes. Go out and switch between the pool and spa mode a couple of times and see if both valves move as they should.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Jen,

My 'guess' is that one of your valve actuators is bad or in the wrong position.

Show us several pics of your equipment pad and I suspect we might be able to spot something.

You should have two valves that switch your system between the pool and spa modes. These two valve should both move about 180 degrees when switching modes. Go out and switch between the pool and spa mode a couple of times and see if both valves move as they should.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thanks for your response. Here is a pic of the valves. Valve moves 180 degrees between pool and spa mode. Only valves I’ve ever messed with are the spa and waterfall. All others have been in same position since day one. I did just notice that the waterfall is open but on my ScreenLogic it is shows not turned on. When I move it to on my ScreenLogic the valve closes.

Attachments

• 732041A9-0AAB-484D-980A-93F594B3BE5C.jpeg
    732041A9-0AAB-484D-980A-93F594B3BE5C.jpeg
    662.1 KB · Views: 8
Thanks for your response. Here is a pic of the valves. Valve moves 180 degrees between pool and spa mode. Only valves I’ve ever messed with are the spa and waterfall. All others have been in same position since day one. I did just notice that the waterfall is open but on my ScreenLogic it is shows not turned on. When I move it to on my ScreenLogic the valve closes.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    754.6 KB · Views: 5
Jen,

Your Intake valve (In front of the pump) is in the Pool mode.

Your Return valve (After the SWCG) is in the Spa mode.

Both valves need to be in the same mode.

What mode did automation show when you took the pic??

To be clear... BOTH valves are moving at the same time???

Thanks,

Jim R.

Jen,

Your Intake valve (In front of the pump) is in the Pool mode.

Your Return valve (After the SWCG) is in the Spa mode.

Both valves need to be in the same mode.

What mode did automation show when you took the pic??

To be clear... BOTH valves are moving at the same time???

Thanks,

Jim R.
Automation shows in pool mode when I took this pic. When I switch modes the valve infront of the pump moves.

Jen,

Both valves must move.. The actuator in front of your SWCG is either bad or set to off.. Or it could be that the cable back to your EasyTouch is bad or the EasyTouch itself is bad.

1. Go to the return actuator and look at it. On the back or bottom you will find a little 3-way toggle switch.. On - Off - On.. Make sure it is in one of the two ON positions..

2. If step one does not fix the issue then follow Return actuator cable back to the EasyTouch and make sure the cable did not get damaged.

3. If step 2 is ok, then open the EasyTouch and swap the Intake and Return connectors and see what happens..
a. If the Return valve still does not work, then the actuator is bad
b. If the Return valve starts to work, and the Intake valve is now bad, then the EasyTouch is the problem.

Please let us know what you find.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Last edited:
Jen,

Both valves must move.. The actuator in front of your SWCG is either bad or set to off.. Or it could be that the cable back to your EasyTouch is bad or the EasyTouch itself is bad.

1. Go to the return actuator and look at it. On the back or bottom you will find a little 3-way toggle switch.. On - Off - On.. Make sure it is in one of the two ON positions..

2. If step one does not fix the issue then follow Return actuator cable back to the EasyTouch and make sure the cable did not get damaged.

3. If step 2 is ok, then open the EasyTouch and swap the Intake and Return connectors and see what happens..
a. If the Return valve still does not work, then the actuator is bad
b. If the Return valve starts to work, and the Intake valve is now bad, then the EasyTouch is the problem.

Please let us know what you find.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thanks for your help. Nothing worked so must be actuator. Repair guy comes out Monday.

Reactions: Jimrahbe
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.