Spa bypass and solar

Jan 3, 2019
Chula Vista
I run my automation in pool mode with the spa by pass value open. It appears there is no water returning to the spa via spa bypass when the solar is active. Is this normal? When the solar valve is active the filter runs at 2415 rpms and does not have any water running to spa in pool mode. When the filter pump is running at 1725 rpms with out the solar on I can see a little water spilling over to the pool. I have a spillover mode, but do not want to run that all day. My PH is going up around 7.4 to 8 every 5-7 days already.
Thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_2674.jpg
    IMG_2674.jpg
    535.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2675.jpg
    IMG_2675.jpg
    400 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Where is the solar valve? I am having trouble following the plumbing with the pictures provided.
I assume the spa bypass is the lower horizontal run behind the panel? If so, I can see no reason that water would not be entering that whether the solar is on or off. Unless that check valve is very stiff. What if you run the solar at a higher RPM to test whether water starts entering the spa or not?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.