Spa Blower Quit Working After In-Law House Sitting

I have a Pentair Water Pool and Spa Automation unit with 4 function remote. The in-laws stayed while we were away on Spring break and now the spa blower doesn't work. I can get the blower to work in Service Mode, but it will not work in Auto Mode. I think they turned a function or something on the remote off, and I don't know how to fix it. There is a button on the remote that you press to turn on the blower. Need help please!

Dave,

Try Menu, Settings, Quicktouch, Assign QT4... look to make sure the whatever aux circuit turns on the blower is listed under the button # on your remote. If it is, then I would swap functions between two buttons.. This will let you test the button.. If the blower works when assigned to a different button, you then know the original button is bad and that it is not the in-laws fault..

Jim R.

The button works, because that same button is the down button when scrolling through the menu. The air blower on the control panel doesn't work in auto either, but when put into service mode that button on the control panel will get the air blower to work. In service mode the spa does not come on, only the blower.9989599896

Dave,

Let's see if Tom has any ideas on what is going on... Calling @ogdento

Looks like you are using the Aux X circuit to turn on the blower.. If the blower comes on when you press the solar/aux x button on the main panel, it does not make sense for the Aux X (down button) to not do the same thing??? :scratch:

Jim R.

Hmm, Jim I'm stumped... I think this is what we know:
1. the comms work
2. the down button works
3. the relay drivers are ok because the blower will turn on in service mode

Is it possible that the option to use solar as an Aux X was somehow disabled?

Dave,

I use Aux X and when I go to Menu, Settings, Solar I get a screen that says 1/3 and then Solar NO, and Heat pump NO. If you don't have a heat pump, I would change the setting to NO..

Thanks,

Jim R.

I've had two pool technicians called in and neither one could figure out how the original pool builder programmed the down arrow to work as the air blower function. Luckily I don't use the cleaner button any more, because I have a robotic cleaner. We changed the cleaner button to the air blower and now everything is back to working. The cleaner will work in service mode, if I choose to use it again.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.