Spa blower confusion! Its still blowing.

meestahmarc

Jun 7, 2018
Paramus, NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi all. I just installed a new jandy blower. I turned it on and it's nice and high powered. My question is when I turn it off, it still blowing bubbles. Is that normal? Its definitely not running. Does it hold air and pressure somewhere? Thanks.

I assume you are still running the pump but the blower is off? If so, air is brought into the stream of water into the spa without the blower, That is normal. Our spa does not have a blower and has plenty of air entrained in the water flow when the pump is run at high enough of a rpm.

Yes sir, the pump is running into the spa. I am heating it up as we speak. Will the bubbles eventually stop, is this just air trapped in the system or new air now coming in. I never had bubbles before, but my old blower was trashed. Thanks

It is not trapped air. It is the natural pull of air through the system. The blower just adds more air.

One more thing, there is a on off valve right after the blower. If I close that ball valve the bubbles will stop. So I guess now it's just sucking in new air from the blower pipe. When I change the returns to the main pool, do I want the air bubbles there, or should I close the ball valve.

Do you have a picture of the blower and valve?

The jets usually have "Venturi" fittings that pull in air due to low pressure generated by water moving past a restriction. Once the air is started, the air can continue as long as there is water moving through the venturi fitting.

When you change the returns to the pool, the air will naturally stop. Do you have a VS pump? At lower rpm, the air will not get pulled in either.

Do you run the spa spillover continuously or do you schedule it?

Hi. No I just have an old pump... makes sense about the air keeps pulling in. I plugged the hole at the bottom of the spa wall, so you it does spillover. I usually have it set like that all the time so it skims the spa water too. Figured that was good, only started doing that this year.

Attachments

• 15975224977694088143644163520098.jpg
    15975224977694088143644163520098.jpg
    399.3 KB · Views: 8
OK -- yes, you need water into the spa to chlorinate it. If you had an automation system you can schedule the spa spillover. Helps to control pH rise.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
When you say a valve, you mean so water cannot flow back up into the blower? These handy blowers have it built in at the neck of the unit. That is why I selected that model to replace whatever I had. Thanks

A check valve is ok, but there's no reason to have a ball valve to close the line. Maybe it's for winterizing or to reduce the amount of air.

Using a valve to control the amount of air going to the jets will usually cause the blower to overheat and burn out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.