spa algae

rd3500

Bronze Supporter
Sep 28, 2021
Las Vegas
when started taking care of the pool from the pool guy, I had a little bit of algae not on the pool side but on the spa side (the two are connected, same pump). The pool guy would scrape it and be done with it, CYA level were over 150 and chlorine was at 12 ppm at that time.

Now I changed about 30% of the water, reduced the cya to around 70 and I am keeping chlorine levels around 10ppm making sure it does not go below 6.

I still have a couple of little spots of algae in the spa.

My question is this: at night I add chlorine, what if add it to the spa first and let it sit there over night to kind of shock the spa and helps with those little algae spots, then in the morning when the pump comes on, the water would flow in the pool and the chlorine level in the spa would drop.

Would that work or I better just add chlorine to the pool like I am doing now?

Is the spillover from your spa to your pool always run when your pump is running?

You need to follow the SLAM Process step by step with no shortcuts while running your pump 24/7 with your spa spillover running. That will clear the algae in your spa and pool.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.