Southern California Pool Builders

sbcpool

Mar 10, 2015
Upland, CA
Hi guys. I'm preparing to do a remodel this off-season. I thought I had picked out a good builder. They had tons of positive reviews everywhere I looked. They came out the other day to install an Intelliflo for me ahead of my remodel and based on the quality of work and lack of follow-up I have reservations about using them for the full remodel.

The installer just threw my old pump and pump cover into the bushes near the pad and left them there when he left, he dripped PVC cement on the basket lid of the Intelliflo (melting a small hole ... not all the way through), he didn't follow Pentair's installation requirements that there be at least 9 inches of straight pipe before the intake, he left the whole area covered in PVC 'dust' from cutting all the plumbing, and now the pump sucks air even at 450 RPM and the old one didn't. The owner has still not sent a receipt for the pump and install and ignored an email I sent asking for assistance with the pump sucking air.

Has anybody recently had good experiences with Southern California pool builders they can recommend?

Was the installer specifically with their company or a contractor?
You should follow up with the pool company and tell them what you told us. That's beyond sloppy and completely unprofessional. If he represents the company, he should be fired. Suspended. Something. And you as a customer have a right to speak up and complain.

He was an employee of their company. I sent a very polite email explaining my concerns and the owner became very defensive and told me how they install hundreds of pumps and they have no problems ... blah blah. He was much more interested in making excuses for their sloppy work than simply offering to fix the issues or even explain why they're not anything to worry about. I feel lucky to have discovered his customer service attitude before moving forward with a $25,000+ remodel.

Time for a yelp review if the owner isn't being responsive and contact the department of consumer affairs. Are they a licensed firm? Document and photograph.

Reactions: Sollace
Time for a yelp review if the owner isn't being responsive and contact the department of consumer affairs. Are they a licensed firm? Document and photograph.

Yes. Get the word out. Reviews do matter for a business.

I don't do Yelp. I have been burned several times by contractors that have hundreds of five-star reviews and ZERO negative reviews. In fact, two of those compete for the worst experiences in contracting I've ever had. In my experience the platform is completely and utterly unreliable.

I'm not going to report him to Consumer Affairs. He didn't do anything illegal or unethical. It was just sloppy work, leaving a mess, and ignoring the manufacturer's recommended installation.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.