South Florida - New In-ground Large Build

It is all pretty much "future use". But I needed it for the fire/water bowls.....and I thought if I am going to have the yard torn up already, might as well do it right.
So yes - everything will eventually be converted to gas.
If we have a hurricane - and I have a 20kW generator - I can run everything (including pool) for almost 8 days. That is figuring the genny burns 4 gallons an hour.
Cut back on gas consumption items - goes longer.
Back to the trenches today!!!! Cleaning things up and getting ready for them to come set the bottle and lines on Tuesday.

Im afraid to even ask what the tank cost to install with the lines run! I am putting a 500 gallon tank in that will only power the heater and a whole house standby generator and im at like $5400. And thats with about 30 feet of gas line only.

Ok.....my first screw - up ..... I think.
Well, first of - it freaking poured today...so no propane install. Second of all - I figured in between rain i could set my travertine height at the bond beam. Since I want to do a infinity coping (the french pattern will run right to the "coping" and I will overhang it 2" and cut it), I have to give the water line tile guy a finished height.....which also tells the travertine guy where to lay to. This way everyone is happy.
Sooooooooo - long story short - if I float the bond beam 1" (which will be the amount of mud under travertine, plus the travertine (total 2 1/4").....I have about a 1/16" pitch over a 8' span. the pre-existing patio is already pitched at 1/8" over a 9' span.
If I raise the float, i am worried that it is going to mess with the proper height of the "coping" area. For example - if you are in the seating area and want to raise your arms on the "coping", it will feel too high.

Is 1/16" pitch good enough if it is only a 8' foot span - Knowing that most of it is under patio and i will be putting in a deco drain.....also have a 7" gutter above.....

Kim - call out the big dogs!!!!

So, we just dealt with the pitch issue over the past few weeks. The pitch to our existing patio, which was poured when the house was built 20 years ago, was 1/4" per foot. There was, i believe, 3 1/4" over the span of the deck, which really made it difficult to set the pool. The pool is set correctly, however, there are two areas where the slope is very noticeable, but nothing we could do. If we set the pool too low, the pitch would cause water to run toward the pool and not the drain.

Are you talking 1/16" per foot, or 1/16" over 8 feet?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
If I make the bond beam set too high i am afraid that this area will be affected. It is a sitting area with spa jets.....and everyone wants to put their arms up on the "coping".
If i raise the bond beam too much, this will be uncomfortable for people when they want to put their arms out......20190124_150452.jpg

I will call a couple of others but here is something you can do for right now. Go out and sit there. Put your arms up on it how it is now. Then put something there to the height it might end up being. How does it feel for you and yours? IF it is going to be a problem then you can have then add some more to the sets to raise them up a bit BUT keep in mind that will change where the jets hit your body.

@ajw22 @bdavis466 @PoolguyinCT They may have some input to share.

Kim:kim:

You can also ask the plaster to be built up on those seats as much as possible. That should raise it an inch or so.

You have too many variables in play here including different sizes of people and personal preferences for how they sit. Just do the best you can and people will figure out how to get comfortable.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.