espinado

Jun 10, 2021
Harrington Park, NJ
Hi from Northern NJ.
am about to get above the ground pool but don’t know anything yet. Just began research and tons of things to learn.

Have 5year girl twins and I also love swimming!
am considering 24 x12 or 18x 9 Intex above the ground pool.

My plan is to assemble the pool for the season and take it down for winter.
How does my plan sound?

Luckily, I have pavement(18.4 X 10, see the attached) . 18x 9 pool can fit in so that I don’t need to worry about removing the grass or leveling.

But 18x9 pool is $2K including shipping and 24x12 pool costs also $2K! ( I need to pick up but no prob).

What can I do for the space that 24 x 12 pool goes beyond? 18 x 9 will fit in but if 24 x 12 is the same price, why not for bigger one?

Should I remove the grass for the over part(about 6 feet?(24-18)) and level with the sand? or can I just install over the grass?

I heard it will smell bad after the grass is dead.

your advice will be appreciated!

Thanks!
KK

Attachments

• 08A8239E-56A7-4761-A658-3F48675F7DCD.jpeg
    08A8239E-56A7-4761-A658-3F48675F7DCD.jpeg
    521.3 KB · Views: 9
So, a couple of things. You still need a level surface for the pool, and your paved area may not be as level as you think it is. Have you checked with a water level or laser level?

Also, the rectangular pools have legs that slant out at the bottom, to buttress the walls. So you are going to need the true dimensions, including for the legs, to know how much space you need.

I suggest putting it on the grass itself. Make sure the area is level and set it up. I have done several seasons with various size intex pools and rotated where I put them. I never noticed any smell from the grass being squished. Eventually we will set up a dedicated area for a pool, removing the grass, compacting etc. But this method works for now.

Reactions: Shirker
You really do need to remove the grass and get the area leveled.
I agree. Getting someone to do it is the hard part! This season, I contacted 2 landscaping companies to come out and quote it. Both never showed up after having interest in doing the job. 4 years now I have eyeballed it and got it set up. End goal it to set up a permanent pool and that would be professionally installed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.