New Build w Retaining Wall- NC -decking complete (?)

Electronic Controls: Jandy RS-PS16, I Aqua Link, Additional actuator for sheer descents

Maybe some of the more experience people can chime in here but this seems oversized your for application. The RS-PS16 can control up to 16 different functions. They also make a RS-PS8 and RS-PS12. You may be able to save money by downsizing on this. Might not be much but worth asking the pool builder to explain what is actually being automated.

Maybe some of the more experience people can chime in here but this seems oversized your for application. The RS-PS16 can control up to 16 different functions. They also make a RS-PS8 and RS-PS12. You may be able to save money by downsizing on this. Might not be much but worth asking the pool builder to explain what is actually being automated.
Thanks Mike. So that's what the 16 means... there's still a lot of research I need to do since some of this stuff is still way over my head. I have a spreadsheet of all things pool, and I've added all the recommendations I've seen here. I may just have them in the wrong spots!

No problem, they also have a 4 and a 6 version. I would want 1 or 2 empty spots available for additions down the road like landscape lighting, etc.. I would want to know before I signed what is included in the automation and whats not.

I like what I see and like how and why you moved the spa! Well done!!

NOPE!! The minerals will build up over time and cause problems such as staining down the road. You need a SWG that is rated for 2x the size (gallons) of your pool.

For the placement of the light make sure they are placed so they will not shine in eyes where seating is like the patio by the house. You DO want to light up the shelf and steps into the pool.
LED Lights - yes, good point and I mentioned to the PB I wanted to make sure they weren't going to be pointing toward the house! Now to finesse the LED placement for the steps without blinding people on the patio.

So I may have confused the PB when I said I wanted the pool to be salt water... he made me sign something that says I'm aware of the corrosive nature, blah blah blah... but maybe that's really not what I wanted. I repeated myself telling him I wanted a salt water generator 2x the gallons of my pool. Maybe I should've been more specific... and more knowledgeable!

No problem, they also have a 4 and a 6 version. I would want 1 or 2 empty spots available for additions down the road like landscape lighting, etc.. I would want to know before I signed what is included in the automation and whats not.
Ah!!! I looked this over and realized it is RS-PS6... The line above it had the "y" from "Jandy" right in between the PS6. So I think I'm good. :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: NCMike and kimkats
Your choice on SWG's with an iAqualink system is the Nature2 Fusion or the Jandy Aquapure, both with 1400 cells that are speced for 40,000 gallons.

The Nature2 System is less cost because they think you will continue to buy replacement mineral cartridges. The Nature2 system as a SWG is fine if you immediately remove the minerals and never use them. Just use the SWG. Read Nature2 Fusion - Further Reading

I think @PoolGate uses the Nature2 SWG with minerals removed.

Otherwise get the regular Jandy Aquapure 1400 system - Jandy AquaPure SWG - Further Reading

Just make sure it is the Fusion SOFT. The "Fusion" is just the mineral system with a chlorine puck feeder. There are 2 sizes you of course want the 1400 and not the 700.

I love the FusionSoft and as Allen said, just don't install (or allow the builder to install) the mineral cartridge. If you get it, find the cartridge and hide it. And don't let him take the blankout plate it comes with in the mineral slot as they are near impossible to find.

After 2 months of a bunch of nothing... the digging began late last week. Tons of red clay here! I haven’t seen much rebar, so will that be next? Not sure where my steps went for the tanning deck transition, but I guess they’ll gotta be added sometime soon!
4B36A3BF-9677-454F-8F6D-ABF7F0DE5223.jpeg
DE843C6D-6EBB-413F-9B35-A7301FB00F32.jpeg5AD8724B-49F6-4EC0-A4DE-98E98DDCCD9A.jpeg4DC7B8E7-F0D5-45E3-85D0-E6D39B899A12.jpeg775AD0FA-9BAB-45E3-BBA5-AEE7FDFBA68A.jpeg

Attachments

• F204E144-4D4F-4BAD-BA1E-451456F7C5FE.jpeg
    F204E144-4D4F-4BAD-BA1E-451456F7C5FE.jpeg
    816.3 KB · Views: 62

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Let the nasty clay mess begin!!! Don't wear your good clothes or shoes out there!

The steps will be formed with the rebar OR the plaster. Each PB has their way. Just keep an eye on it and ask when your PB does them.

I want to see more of that tree "house/overlook". That looks neat!

Kim:kim:

Let the nasty clay mess begin!!! Don't wear your good clothes or shoes out there!

The steps will be formed with the rebar OR the plaster. Each PB has their way. Just keep an eye on it and ask when your PB does them.

I want to see more of that tree "house/overlook". That looks neat!

Kim:kim:
Thanks Kim! Yes... the dogs love the dirt WAAAYYY too much right now. My daughter sleds down the dirt mountains, and I'm just not going to worry about having a clean house this summer. :D

This is before we cleared out some trees... when it was a work in progress. My daughter is the dare devil, so who knows how she got up there without the steps... up the ladder and jumped from there? (My mom loved flamingos, so she stuck one in the backyard).
IMG_4498.JPG

Our only dog at the time... wanted to check it out
IMG_1404.JPG
Our occasional snow...
IMG_5881.jpg

Unfortunately, my late husband built it on a sweetgum, so unless I get rid of the tree and find someone to relocate the tree "overlook", I'll be pulling out those sweetgum balls. Maybe I'll get those injections for the tree that make them seedless... ;)

I can so relate to your daughter!! We will find a way to do and go where we want! Life is too short to let the lack of a tall enough ladder get in the way of getting were we want to go.

Oh you are going to hate that tree the first time you have a drop :(

Gunite is finally going in this afternoon after they correct the jet placement. I'm a little nervous they won't have time to correct it, but as soon as they were done with the spa plumbing (11 days ago), I told them it wasn't correct, that I had requested some jets for the calves and for them to look into if it was possible to have one for the feet. They weren't sure so they were going to get back to me. Next thing I know, they've completed the plumbing by what I think is their default placement. I was told it's an easy fix, so we'll see! How can you tell if it's correct before the gunite since you cant really access it? (I have 12 jets total, 3 on each side, and they all look to be the same height.)
BF2077A7-4667-4B35-9C40-703E4142CA3D.jpeg

yeah, they added all 12 at the same height. They came by yesterday to fix it-right before the gunite people arrived, but they only had time to move 2 to below the seats. We compromised by making two benches lower in order to have different jet heights. Not ideal, but hopefully I can live with it.

In other news - the gunite people were here late last night. The neighbor kept texting me asking when they'd be done since he was trying to put his kids to bed. I finally had to get them to stop, which they did and left at 10:15pm (they started working at 7am this morning:oops:. ). I felt a little guilty, but then again, it's summer... the neighbor irritated me a little since he's always trying to control who parks where in the cul de sac... and always snoops on us from their 2nd and 3rd floor windows. I can't wait until the pool is DONE so I can finally get the landscaping in and make it much more private.:devilish:

Sooo... Plumbers came yesterday and inspection is scheduled for Monday... they did a few things that I'm not too happy about, but I'm planning on sending this information to my PB to see if they'll take any of the responsibility.

1. EXISTING RETAINING WALL
I had a retaining wall built 2 years ago to give us room for a deck/ screened in porch. This existing retaining wall has been compromised, most likely from the driving the digger/bobcat between the pool and wall. The wall has been pushed out and the caps are no longer level. Too bad I don't have a video of them driving here but I have photos of a before and after.

2. IRRIGATION
Last night I noticed the garage had been flooded, so I went in the crawlspace to see if it was from our irrigation. (The irrigation comes from a well, and goes to a container in the crawlspace... I don't really know how that ever worked, but it was done before we moved here). The container was tipped over and one of the pipes were bent. I can't prove they caused this, so I briefly talked to one of the guys last night just to confirm they used our city water instead of well water (our well water is only for irrigation since it stains everything orange). He had no clue which one he tapped into, but I'm pretty sure they used the correct one. It's the same source I used to mist the pool, so that was good. However, he mentioned when he dug, a lot of water kept coming up on the outside of the house (the other side of where the irrigation container is in the crawlspace). This morning as I walked around, I noticed they cut the irrigation tubing in several places by the house. Not that we use it anymore but it's still irritating he never disclosed that.

3. ELECTRICAL WIRES
Last night I noticed the lighting previously installed on the retaining wall wasn’t working and a GFI outlet was tripped in the garage, which cannot be reset. This morning I noticed - what I think is - an electrical wire cut in the same area where the irrigation lines were cut.

4. EQUIPMENT SLABS
The equipment slabs are not level to one another and seem to be undersized for the equipment. I was under the impression there would be one decent sized slab to hold all the equipment.

I’m not sure if these are issues that can be corrected, but do I have any options at this point? Do PBs correct these or do they challenge you and say it's your problem?

Thanks!
29E372E7-3B03-4F9A-B970-6198B43C03BC.jpegADAA7711-C903-4829-873B-709C1C3589EE.jpegE870A2D8-0DBD-4751-9B2E-ED23ADECA128.jpeg58646458-2245-4147-B03C-84B44C67C9EB.jpeg89E35D8A-DDA8-43D4-A0EC-153E7AA3CB96.jpeg6FA72EB1-9B33-4F93-A7B0-9420A7FF65A2.jpeg

The first thing I am going to say is.............read your contract word for word as there may be "PB protection" written in it :( Let us know what you find and we will go from there.

The wall has been pushed out and the caps are no longer level.
sigh............that is some lean going on there. Was there rebar put down each hole in the blocks?

However, he mentioned when he dug, a lot of water kept coming up on the outside of the house (the other side of where the irrigation container is in the crawlspace). This morning as I walked around, I noticed they cut the irrigation tubing in several places by the house. Not that we use it anymore but it's still irritating he never disclosed that.
GURRRRRRRRRRR really guy?? You did not think to tell me this????

This morning I noticed - what I think is - an electrical wire cut in the same area where the irrigation lines were cut.
No pride or care. You can but they would not so this kind of sloppy work at THEIR homes!

The equipment slabs are not level to one another and seem to be undersized for the equipment.
The heater slab........is it plastic? What ever it is made of it is NOT big enough! That HAS to be redone as the heater should not be on the ground. They can reframe that area and pour more pad.

I am hoping there is grading that will happen in that area in front of the equipment to keep it from eroding from rain and such.

Do PBs correct these or do they challenge you and say it's your problem?
This goes back to the top of this post---read your contract and go from there..........saying that....we both know they will "fight" anything where they have to do/pay for extra work :( You will have to push to get them to do the right thing but it will pay off on the end!

They look like precast or plastic slabs. Tell the PB you want an oversized slab they will move equipment amd pour it easily when they do the gunite shoot. The PB may have language excluding him from repairs of irrigation etc. If it's not marked out or disclosed. They should fix it that's a pretty simple fix. That wall is a segmented retaining wall and is now serving a different purpose with a surcharge above it. You cannot run equipment within 4ft of the wall and that wall now needs correcting. If the base is ok it should be dug out and corrected with geo-grid added and liberal amounts of clean stone amd drainage placed behind the wall.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.