orange county, ca
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Edge-40
We are in escrow on a home in Orange County, CA, built in the 50s, and it has a ~15k gallon pool (estimate using average depth of 5ft).

I believe the pool itself was added in the late 60s or early 70s but not 100% sure on that. No spa, just a pool.

The equipment is functional, but OLD and loud. We definitely don't want to pay a bunch for pool maintenance and based on TFP we shouldn't have to. I believe the current owner uses floating pucks.

I've done some minimal reading and it sounds like a SWG is something we would appreciate for the convenience (would love to be able to leave for a while without worrying about topping off chlorine).

If I were to post pictures of the pool equipment would people here be able to give guidance on my options?

This whole process of buying a home is daunting enough and the pool is kind of the icing on top for a total newb like me. I'm even wondering if I don't keep up with the upkeep immediately am I risking creating a real issue?

thanks for helping a newb

Welcome to TFP! :wave: Sure, post pics of anything you like and we'll do our best to help guide you through the process of replacing items. Try to update your signature with any relevant pool and equipment info as well. Be sure to have a proper test kit when you move in - either a TF-100 (link in my signature) or Taylor K-2006C. Contracts on the new home and pool. :swim:

Thanks for the welcome! I'm not seeing your signature here? I have the setting checked to show sigs... maybe because I'm logged in on a mobile?

edit: just loaded desktop version and it shows up!

Last edited: