Corpus Christi, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Hey there everyone ive got a weird little situation goin on in the pool... The other day I noticed that the pool and walls and floor were dirty and decided to scrub them down with the pool brush... Well to my dismay the pool started turning Green like a darker pickle juice type color... Well I freaked out and tested the pool and noticed I was down to around 1ppm FC hadn't put any bleach in for a day or 2 well the fact that I still had FC I was a little relieved so then I tested for CC and had 0 so if I have 0 combined chlorine that means its not algae correct? any insight would be great... Oh and just to give an example my buddy has a pool as well and he did the same thing his pool looked dirty so he scrubbed it down and it looked the same he added 2 bags of shock and whatever it is settled and he was able to vaccum it out and backwash his filter etc.etc.etc. and his water was back to clear... ??? So i'm puzzled... The wife just threw in 3 gallons of 8.25 bleach taking my shock level way up so I will see what it looks like when I get home... but until then can anybody explain what might be going on?

...but until then can anybody explain what might be going on?

We'll know better when we see the test results, but you very likely let your FC slip below the minimum amount recommended, and algae got a foothold... simple as that. Be sure to include your water temperature. Have you already turned your SWG off for the winter?

Well I might wanna update my thread because about a month and a half ago my turbo cell went out so we are using the bleach method only right now... I wanna upgrade my whole salt system and move to a T-15 instead of the T-5 so we have been shopping around for a new one... Plus we don't have much of a winter here in south texas we are in the high 80's right now with a feels like temp of 96+ so we don't have to worry much about winter... lol... But I will be sure to post those test results as soon as I can... Thx

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.