Something under the Liner, Ground Water?

rjg202

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 1, 2011
Northern Maryland (near Delaware)
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have a 15x30 above ground that has been up maybe 7 or 8 years. We have had lots of rain this season, more than normal. My pool went up maybe 3-4 inches in the last rain this week. I noticed tonight with the light on that there appears to be what looks like a maybe 2" wide raised tunnel running from a foot in the pool for maybe 10 feet. There are trees nearby but this is like a perfect tunnel, I put the brush over it and it seems firm. Could this be groundwater? I didn't notice this when vacuuming last week, but the light shows everything at night. I did notice I got a lot more wrinkles in the liner I never had. I was going to try to close this weekend but now I am concerned if the trees may be an issue or if I am overreacting since I did not notice before. The tunnel does not start near the edge. Then I noticed a second one in a different spot but not as long.
Any thoughts/suggestions, could it be the water table. My soil is like a sandy/clay where the pool is. I do have a crack in my basement floor that will seep water once in a while and they told me that was the water table rising at one point and the crack was caused by hydro-static pressure or something, it has since been sealed. The basement is lower than the pool.

Basic physics says it is not ground water. The water in the pool will prevent any water under it from pushing up. The weight of the water in the pool will force it out to the sides. My bet is on the tree roots. without seeing the big picture of the area though I can only guess this is what it is.

Dan

I guess I will try to dig a trench to see if it could be the roots. It will not be a happy day if the pool needs to come down. This just happened over the last few days, I would have thought roots would be more gradual. I will try to get a picture tonight.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.