Something in my above ground pool

ddmckmle

May 7, 2018
Tomball, Texas
I went to check on my pool water temp and to check on my auto vacuum, my get thermometer which was in my
skimmer and there were very little bugs all over the thermometer and the sock covering my skimmer basket was very dirty
Now my water is getting cloudy. My water test has been very good. I have no idea what it is and how to fix the problem.

I have no overnight chlorine loss tested last night at 8 pm was 5.0 and this mornings test at 7:43 was 5.0.
Now my next question is what to use since there is no liquid chlorine or bleach available in stores, guess I will have to use the 3" chlorine puck.

Walmart, Home Depot, feed stores, etc carry liquid chlorine. Be sure you look in the garden section. Household bleach is in short supply.

Walmart, Home Depot and Lowe’s all out of liquid chlorine
Interesting. I checked Walmart and they showed inventory of Pool Essentials Chlorinating Liquid. Also Home Depot in Torrey Chase? showed their HDX available.

Good luck.

I have ordered 6 gallons from Walmart 2 days ago and they are telling me there is a delay in my order. I have called several Home Depots and Lowe's and they don't have any in stock. People are buying them up for cleaning against Coronavirus.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have ordered 6 gallons from Walmart 2 days ago and they are telling me there is a delay in my order. I have called several Home Depots and Lowe's and they don't have any in stock. People are buying them up for cleaning against Coronavirus.
Oh dang, I was hoping people wouldn't figure that out. Who told them?!?

What did the very little bugs look like? Were they beetles? Way smaller? Did they remind you of fleas (jumping)?

I was talking to someone about the very very little bugs and they told me the were either mosquito or flea larva and now come to think of it my 2 dogs have been covered with fleas and everything I used does not get rid of them, but now I don't see them around my pool anymore.

Yes buying up all the liquid pool chlorine is just like everybody buying up all the toilet paper, stupid. At least I found some liquid chlorine at Leslie's Pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.