Some help with programin ScreenLogic for an EasyTouch PSL4

Apr 23, 2017
Fort worth, texas
I just got through upgrading an old Aqualink II system to the EasyTouch PSL4. I got most of it working except for two things.
I have a pool spa combo with ScreenLogic . wired indoor control panel and an IS4 spa side remote.

Problem One

I would like to assign one of the Spa side remote buttons to be a heater on/off button. I could not find anyway to do it and called Pentair.
after they did a lot of looking, I was told that the heat enable/disable was not available on the EasyTouch and would have to upgrade to
get that function. That seems like such a basic function that it should be on the EasyTouch. Do you all have another solution for this problem?

Problem Two

I have created a feature to enable the pool pump to come on at 2500 rpm and switch a valve on to enable some shear descent waterfalls. I have the feature appearing in the pool section and when I touch that button on the screen logic pool screen, the feature works fine. The
problem I have is that if I assign the feature to one of the buttons on the wired control panel or the IS4 spa side remote, it does not do anything. I have assigned the other 3 buttons to be Spa , Aerator, and lights and they work just fine. Any thoughts ???

Thanks

Reb

Reb,

The EasyTouch "lite" has a limit of 4 programs or schedules and this includes any egg-timers... I am not sure if that includes the iS4 or not.. ScreenLogic will allow you to enter 50 million schedules and never tell you it has run out of room.. :mrgreen: I would delete a working program and then try the iS4... Again, not sure that is the problem, but something that I would try if this were my system...

As far as the heater goes, if you don't have "Heat Enable" in the iS4 set up, then I suspect it is because you have the "lite" version of the EasyTouch which has a very limited feature set.

I do not have an iS4, but for grins, I went into my ScreenLogic set up and when I look at the iS4 set up screen, I have a drop down that says "heat enable" plus other related items.. (I did have to scroll all the way up to find it.) What do you have?

Can you control your heater from the main ScreenLogic page like this one...?

Thanks,

Jim R.

All right. I deleted one of the features and I now I have heat enable on the pull down. I decided that I would just start from scratch so I unplugged the indoor controller, I disabled the IS4, I pressed the reset button on the protocol adapt and then went to the PSL4 and erased the EPROM. Now when I startup screen logic, it remembers my zip and location settings which I thought should have been erased. It also now sets the SPA heater on all the time the SPA is on. I checked in the configurator and the box for manual spa heat is selected. I have tried to uncheck and check the box with no change. I have gone through this process multiple times and the SPA heat is always enabled. Did I miss something doing the reset? I really need this gone before I even try and setup the other stuff.

Thanks

Reb

Nothing in the IntelliFlo

Let's see if Tom can think of anything... Calling @ogdento ..

After you cleared the EPROM, did you push the reset button on the main panel? Basically reboots everything.

I found out the ScreenLogic stores stuff, but not in a way it can be used.. I installed a board with some programming in it.. When I powered it up, it combined some of the ScreenLogic programing and some from the new board.. It was weird.. It would show up, but not do anything and I could not get rid of it. I erased the EPROM and then re-flashed the protocol adapter.. After that, all the weird stuff was gone and it has been working ever since.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Just to make sure.. You are doing all this with the indoor remote disconnected?

Are you using your phone or PC to program? I never use my phone as the PC seems to work much better..

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I was thinking about disconnecting the remote antenna from the outside panel and doing a reset then powering it off. Then go inside and update the protocol adapter and then powering it off. Then go back outside hook up the antenna and powering the outside unit on and then back inside to power up the protocol adapter. That way there would not ever be a remote connection until I had rest both units.

Think that is worth a try?

Reb

I called Pentair this morning and they told me I had to uncheck the box for spa manual heat or else it was set to automatic. That is just backwards as to what I would think that it meant. I would think that if the manual heat box was checked it would mean that I wanted to manual control the heat myself. Anyway, thank you for all your help.

Reb

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.