Some general advice needed

janelrowe

Jul 10, 2022
Deerfield beach Florida
Ok, so I'm new to this. I have the TF-100 kit. My numbers have been pretty good, but we've had some rain and things aren't as solid as before, so I would like some advice, please and thank you! Here are today's numbers for my 10,000 gallon saltwater new build (plaster): FC-2, TA-80, CYA-55, PH-8.5, CH-675, Salt-2747, CSI-1.07. So, I know to add acid and increase my SWG, but should I add salt and CYA? and I'm interested in adding Borax when I'm balanced as this is a new build and I'd like to buffer my PH and get more sparkle. Is it worth doing? Thank you in advance! I'm very new to all this and all the advice is super appreciated!

So, I know to add acid and increase my SWG, but should I add salt and CYA?
For now, focus on lowering the pH with muriatic acid. The pH needs to be 7.8 or below. Also increase the FC right away to avoid algae. If you have some liquid chlorine or regular bleach, add it now. An FC of 2 is too low. Refer to our FC/CYA Levels to validate. Once you add some liquid, the SWG should be able to maintain your desired FC level better. As for salt, you can add some too. Probably in the range of about 3,000 or so depending on your model SWG.

If you are expecting hurricane Ian to make landfall in your area, the pool overflow could change those numbers once again, so be prepared to adjust as soon as the weather clears.

For now, focus on lowering the pH with muriatic acid. The pH needs to be 7.8 or below. Also increase the FC right away to avoid algae. If you have some liquid chlorine or regular bleach, add it now. An FC of 2 is too low. Refer to our FC/CYA Levels to validate. Once you add some liquid, the SWG should be able to maintain your desired FC level better. As for salt, you can add some too. Probably in the range of about 3,000 or so depending on your model SWG.

If you are expecting hurricane Ian to make landfall in your area, the pool overflow could change those numbers once again, so be prepared to adjust as soon as the weather clears.
Thank you! It is pouring rain right now, so I do expect my numbers to change. In the meantime, I don't have any liquid chlorine, so I put on the SWG on boost and added 2 cups acid. I'll add a half bag of salt when it stops raining.

Reactions: Texas Splash
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.