Holly Springs, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair iChlor 30
I'm in the first year of use for a solid safety cover. For the previous 13 years, I had a mesh cover which allowed water to flow through into the pool. This also allowed fine dirt to enter the pool. Now with the solid cover, this fine dirt ends up on top of the cover. With the sag in the cover from the pool cover pump, a muddy puddle is forming in the center. What is the best method to clean this up? Right now my first thoughts is to walk out onto the cover with a hose, add water to the puddle, keep the water stirred, and then let the pump remove all the diluted muddy water. I won't get it perfectly clean but will reduce the quantity of dirt residing on top of the cover.

Other thoughts?

We have an autocover, and when it gets dirty a strong stream from the hose and little soapy water brushed with a push broom is what Skippy uses. Then on the final rinsing he lets the cover pump remove that last bit of water.

Maddie :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.