New Kent, VA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Our pool was built last year and this the first year we are opening it. Anyone have a tricks in how to get a solid safety cover to dry out before putting it away so it doesn’t mildew? We don’t have a lot of concrete and we just had sod done so putting it on the grass ain’t happening! I have seen some people saying they put theirs away wet and don’t have mold and mildew problems. This doesn’t make sense in my brain. The pool is 16x32. So the cover isn’t huge but not small either.

I leave the cover outside in the sun in it's mesh bag for a day or two before hauling it into the garage.

Never had a mildew problem in 20 years.

Reactions: wahoo98
Is your concrete large enough to dry in sections? Fold it accordion style so dry section always touches dry?

Or can you hang a line for it temporarily eg clothesline style?

Can you lay it in the garage floor or hang it from side walls of garage side to side for a day?

Can you hang it out a second story window to dry?

We used to do all those with really large tarps and flys years ago fwiw

Reactions: wahoo98
Thanks for the suggestions. we ended up folding it over itself in sections and dried the bottom side as we folded it before releasing additional springs. Hopefully we got it dry enough! It was windy so that helped too. Luckily it was mainly condensation underneath.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.