Charlotte NC
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Is there a solid form of unstablized chlorine? Once temperatures drop below 60 degrees, and I need to shut-off my salt cell, I'll need to add chlorine manually. Instead off adding liquid chlorine, I'd like to use a solid form in a float feeder, but I do not want to use a stabilized form of chlorine that contains cyanuric acid or calcium chloride.

Thanks in advance.

Solid chlorine has either cyanuric acid or calcium chloride for the chlorine to bind to.

Chlorine is a gas at room temperature and becomes liquid at -29f.
You can use chlorine gas yourself with a SWCG system or utilize a licensed applicator for injection directly into your pool water. If you want to use chlorine in a solid form then it must be "stabilized" and these stabilizers, CYA and CaCl, will accumulate and concentrate in your water. Liquid chlorine which is bleach or sodium hypochlorite provides chlorine in a lower concentrate liquid form but also will increase your waters salt level over time. Bleach also degrades faster than the available solid forms of stabilized chlorine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.