Bronze Supporter
Jul 6, 2018
Apple Valley, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
My pool is covered in pollen everyday now x 4 times daily. I decided to buy a product called SolaSkimmer. So after waiting a week of shipping time, the pollen is not as bad now. When I opened the box I noticed the rear paddle is slanted and appears to be loose on the left side. The company told me to pull it down and it supposed to stay in place however this is not working for me. Anyone else experienced this problem? i pulled it down enough to get it into the water and it does rotate, just wont stay even.

You mean the Solar Breeze NX2?

@Katodude has one

@Katodude has one

No it's called SolaSkimmer. Sold on Amazon.com

@Katodude has one

We looked at both for purchase. Solar Breeze was $598. Solaskimmer $349. Went with the sola skimmer based on price. We'll see how it goes..

I had the sola skimmer for a couple weeks, ended up returning it. I noticed it just kicked a lot of the small stuff out the back, which was disappointing because that’s what I got it for. It also got in fights with my robot cleaner and ate its cord regularly and would get stuck, even with the hose guard in place. I’m too lazy to take a robot in and out all the time so I abandoned it. It also didn’t get the stuff stuck to the tile very well cause it’s too big and bulky, so I still had to sweep the sides off regularly. It was fun having a robot army in the pool for a while though.

Reactions: Fishy1234
I had the sola skimmer for a couple weeks, ended up returning it. I noticed it just kicked a lot of the small stuff out the back, which was disappointing because that’s what I got it for. It also got in fights with my robot cleaner and ate its cord regularly and would get stuck, even with the hose guard in place. I’m too lazy to take a robot in and out all the time so I abandoned it. It also didn’t get the stuff stuck to the tile very well cause it’s too big and bulky, so I still had to sweep the sides off regularly. It was fun having a robot army in the pool for a while though.
My aunt has on in her pool. Absolutely loves it! She named it Wibur... lol

Reactions: Fishy1234

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.