Solar Skimmer robot - has anyone purchased this model - scam ?

Riddler0520

Jul 26, 2020
Charlotte, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
I’ve seen skimmer robots listed like the solar breeze but all of them are >$500

then this comes across my Facebook feed

scam ? Anyone else try it ?

I have not tried that one, but I have an instapark betta and with my pool with lots of trees around it gets used daily. I am skeptical of that add myself. They have a PayPal option though so one would think that you should be pretty safe with that. The only other thing they would get is your name and address I would think. But yes, it sounds too good to be true and at that price I don’t really trust it either... otherwise I would have hit order as soon as I saw this post, lol!

Reactions: Riddler0520
I have not tried that one, but I have an instapark betta and with my pool with lots of trees around it gets used daily. I am skeptical of that add myself. They have a PayPal option though so one would think that you should be pretty safe with that. The only other thing they would get is your name and address I would think. But yes, it sounds too good to be true and at that price I don’t really trust it either... otherwise I would have hit order as soon as I saw this post, lol!
How do you like the instapark betta ? We are on a pretty heavily wooded lot ourselves and find myself always skimming.

there seems to be multiple solar robots on the market all look and function about the same.

My biggest concern really is how much direct vs indirect sun does it need to fully power for an all day run seeing it has no plug in charge function.

thoughts ?

How do you like the instapark betta ? We are on a pretty heavily wooded lot ourselves and find myself always skimming.

there seems to be multiple solar robots on the market all look and function about the same.

My biggest concern really is how much direct vs indirect sun does it need to fully power for an all day run seeing it has no plug in charge function.

thoughts ?
I like it a lot. It really helps with skimming. We have a bunch of old pine trees on my neighbors lot and during a storm or when it’s just windy we get a lot of pine needles in the pool. I sometimes still have to use the net, but I only get the big branches and pine cones out with the net and let the betta get the rest. Only thing I don’t like is you can’t charge it with a plug. Sometimes it will completely die on overcast days if I had run it all night the night before. I take it out of the pool at night and leave it where it will get the first light of the day and put it in when I leave for work. It does seem to charge up a bit from an incandescent bulb. Your right though the lack of a wired charger is it’s Achilles heel. Most of the time though it’s fine because we don’t get much wind at night (so far that will change in the summer) and just taking it out at night and turning it off seems to work most of the time. Otherwise it gets a lot of stuff and works great.

That looks like the 1st model of the Solar-Breeze

I’ve had the solar breeze for 2+ years. I’ve had one new replacement and one return/repair where they sent me a different used model back in return. The wheel housings start squealing over time and the front edge of the skimmer gets worn down from bumping up against the coping/edge of the pool and rock feature. Their bumper device to prevent this is worthless.

Overall the skimmer does it’s job well and saves you a ton of time on regular skimming, just be prepared for it to not last more than a few years and have to deal with issues via limited warranty. At the cost, you really have to determine if it’s worth the time saving for you.

It's a scam. I ordered it a month and a half ago and just received a nail grooming kit LOL

Reactions: Orion7319
If you’re ever unsure about a website, Google “Is xxxx a scam” and you’ll see reasonings on why they might or might not be scams.

(spoken by someone who bought two subwoofers on a sketchy website for 40% of normal price and got a fake gucci handbag months later)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
There’s also an app you can get called Fakespot. I use it a lot.

I have yet to receive any plastic Chinese spoons 🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: IceShadow
If you paid with a CC you should be immediately disputing the charge. (That's how I got a free Gucci knockoff handbag.)

Any reason you guys with VS pumps are spending $500+ on skimming robots when just running the dang pump 24/7 will cost you an extra $10 a month ?

replacing them every 3rd year is costing you close to double to not skim with the pump.

Reactions: JoyfulNoise
I have a VS pump which works great, but my solar skimmer works nearly 24/7 and keeps the surface perfectly clear. During the 2-3 weeks we were getting cottonwood the skimmer was doing a great job keeping the surface clear. I have not used my skimmer net at all this season (and don't even remember where it is).

My robot army is paying attention to your posts, and they are assembling
Human decisions are removed from strategic defense. Solarbit begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 9:30 a.m. Eastern time, June 25th. In a panic, they try to pull the plug.

Reactions: RandyWatson
Any reason you guys with VS pumps are spending $500+ on skimming robots when just running the dang pump 24/7 will cost you an extra $10 a month ?

replacing them every 3rd year is costing you close to double to not skim with the pump.
One skimmer and pine trees, lots and lots of pine trees. My skimmer gets so full it makes the pump run dry. The robot helps remove all the pine needles better then anything.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.