Solar Saddles

Barbara C

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 2, 2010
Southern Indiana
I've heard so many people talk about having problems with solar cover reels that I'm looking at getting solar saddles that hang on the side of the pool. Does anyone have them? I don't want to spend the money and then find out it doesn't work well. We've been rolling our cover and then putting it on the top rails. It works with two people. Thanks!

laweatherred

Jun 12, 2010
Levelland Texas
Hey there Barbara....

Yes we bought the solar saddles last year for our 24 round pool and we love them. Only problem we had was that we went exactly by the instructions on mounting them i.e. spacing them out along the top rail....well they were too far apart so we had to bring in the outside ones to allow the cover to drape across them...much better then draping it over the top rail...good luck, if you decide to get them, if you havent already I dont think you'll be sorry.

Barbara C

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 2, 2010
Southern Indiana
Thanks for the input. I've heard others say the same thing about the spacing but that was from reviews on merchant websites. I never know if those are to be trusted!

laweatherred

Jun 12, 2010
Levelland Texas
Your welcome...I just wish we had a solar cover to go in ours....we managed to let our dog get a hold of ours, soooooo....we have saddles, just no solar cover right now....will get another one eventually

rrc1962

Jun 6, 2010
Nashville, TN
You can make your own out of PVC pipe and a few 90's. They are bit pricey for what they are. I always prefer making my own stuff whenever possible.