Solar heater

I would avoid the PB and go straight to a solar company. Not sure where you are, we got quotes from Superior Solar a while back, they were great to work with, we just ultimately decided not to proceed. For the money, we could use our heat pump for many weekends. I would still recommend them though based on our limited interaction with them.

Why did you decide not to go with them?
We didn't do solar at all. It's been a 4 years, but if I recall, our price was $4,200 or so... we're also on a corner lot with pool equipment on the street side. Rear of the house faces north and we didn't have a ton of roof space on the street side (west). I honestly just didn't think that we would get the best production out of it. For our pool, in March, we can turn the heater on Friday, swim all weekend, and see about $50 on our electric bill... So, we would have had to use it 84 weekends, with it working to heat the pool to comfortable just to break even. In reality, we would have probably had to supplement with our heat pump anyway and it would have been a much longer ROI. We just decided to suck it up and deal with the electric... a couple years later, we added PV panels east/west/south on our house to help with the electric as well... an now we're moving to a new house and doing it all again. Our new house faces south, so I am more inclined to go solar there where I really think it can be most effective. No reason at all that we didn't go with Superior, we just scrapped the project completely.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.