Solar Cover-What to Get!!!

Mendy48

Bronze Supporter
Apr 27, 2018
Midland, MI
Hi y’all. Winter was ….mmmm ….okay, but it’s time for another awesome spring:summer coming our way.

I need a new solar cover. The other one I had finally degenerated. I would like to get a solar cover that retains heat very well. Does any one have any advise as to where I could get a solar cover? I want to get one ASAP. All I did all winter was save money for pool items… lol.

OK OK OK OK fine. You want thin (read... light and easy to manage) and cheap. You can spend twice as much on a think one and when it's snags on something being cumbersome, you will be that much more upset it ripped. Go thin and cheap and it if lasts 2 years, be happy because it was disposable.

The barrier stops evaporation which is where 70% of your heat loss comes from. Any non permeable barrier works the same. From shrink wrap to the thickest cover they make. When you lose less heat overnight, the pool has 'gained' it the next day. None of them create heat. No matter how manufacturers claim it. Lies. Bold. Faced. Lies.

They were back to being cheap a few weeks ago. Last year they were two to three times the cost.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mendy48
OK OK OK OK fine. You want thin (read... light and easy to manage) and cheap. You can spend twice as much on a think one and when it's snangs on something being cumbersome, you will be that much more upset it ripped. Go thin and cheap and it if lasts 2 years, be happy because it was disposable.

The barrier stops evaporation which is where 70% of your heat loss comes from. Any non permeable barrier works the same. From shrink wrap to the thickest cover they make. When you lose less heat overnight, the pool has 'gained' it the next day. None of them create heat. No matter how manufacturers claim it. Lies. Bold. Faced. Lies.

They were back to being cheap a few weeks ago. Last year they were two to three times the cost.
Where can I get one? Amazon? Is there a particular brand that I can get or they are all the same?

Amazon, Intheswim, anywhere. Available and cheap is your goal. They are all the same IMO although every brand claims superiority.

Reactions: Mendy48
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.