Solar cover too short

Pancho510

Apr 29, 2019
California
Hi everyone I'm a new inground pool owner. I bought a solar pool cover and didn't count for stairs going into pool. So I came up short about 2' x 3'. I hope there's a fix for this. Maybe I can use multi pieces of excess from trimmings or buy small piece and just lay it over it or do I need to buy another cover that will fit the whole pool. Thanks for any advice Frank

Welcome Pancho. If you have a big enough scrap to cover the area with one piece, go for it. Otherwise, I wouldn't worry about that small section being uncovered. Smaller pieces will just move around or get blown away. If you're close, I have a large enough scrap to give you.

Reactions: splashpad
Welcome Pancho. If you have a big enough scrap to cover the area with one piece, go for it. Otherwise, I wouldn't worry about that small section being uncovered. Smaller pieces will just move around or get blown away. If you're close, I have a large enough scrap to give you.
Thx I didnt mention my pool size is 33x15' not counting the 2' I forgot to account for approximately 20k gallons if that matters

Hi everyone I'm a new inground pool owner. I bought a solar pool cover and didn't count for stairs going into pool. So I came up short about 2' x 3'. I hope there's a fix for this. Maybe I can use multi pieces of excess from trimmings or buy small piece and just lay it over it or do I need to buy another cover that will fit the whole pool. Thanks for any advice Frank
see above :D

Agreed, I wouldn't worry about that small area :)

Personally I wouldn't even worry about it, most of your pool is covered. You can also buy cheaper solar covers that come in circular/oval shapes from almost any store that sells pool related items and just throw I on there, these won't blow away since they have a heavier outline. Most of them break back down into a circle and go in a zip cover about a foot in diameter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.