Fairfax, VA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
My solar cover doesn’t fully cover the pool. See pic. Is that okay? And will I realize the benefits?

Also, should the solar cover remain on at all times (till weather is much warmer over night) unless using it?

Any other advice such as how to run the heater when cover is on/off?

Thanks all!

No pic.

Your signature does not list the model heater you have.

Reactions: Sidemoves
Sorry for some reason it didn’t upload. Here is the pic. I have a Raypak B-R406A-EN-X heater

Attachments

• IMG_2541.jpeg
    IMG_2541.jpeg
    816.7 KB · Views: 23
It will work, just not 100%. It's still better than no cover.
That's about as close to 100% as I've ever seen, for not being 100% :ROFLMAO:

96%(?) Is GREAT @Sidemoves. You could also buy a small piece and cut it to fit the hot tub. Or when this one dies, steal a good part from it.
Also, should the solar cover remain on at all times (till weather is much warmer over night) unless using it?
Yes. Open it to breathe every few days. You'll know right away if you went too long by the CC smell. It only takes a few second to burn off if you did go too long.

Some like to open it during the day, but if it's breezy, the wind will act like you blowing on a bowl of soup. It takes the -------------- pool and increases the surface area for heat loss with ^^^^^^^^^^^.

Reactions: Sidemoves
That's about as close to 100% as I've ever seen, for not being 100% :ROFLMAO:

96%(?) Is GREAT @Sidemoves. You could also buy a small piece and cut it to fit the hot tub. Or when this one dies, steal a good part from it.

Yes. Open it to breathe every few days. You'll know right away if you went too long by the CC smell. It only takes a few second to burn off if you did go too long.

Some like to open it during the day, but if it's breezy, the wind will act like you blowing on a bowl of soup. It takes the -------------- pool and increases the surface area for heat loss with ^^^^^^^^^^^.
Awesome! Thank you so much.

Just as I was about to sit back and relax (finally) from all the remodeling and water balancing, problem solving etc…just discovered a gas leak in the heater plumbing. Ughhhh.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.