Solar blanket

sissiccrnii

Jun 10, 2023
Sequim, Washington
I live close to the Canadian border. I have a above ground hot tub. Since it is cool to cold most of the time here, I was wondering if putting 2 layers of solar blankets on top of the water, under the hard spa cover, would help with heat retention, less electricity used.

I live close to the Canadian border. I have a above ground hot tub. Since it is cool to cold most of the time here, I was wondering if putting 2 layers of solar blankets on top of the water, under the hard spa cover, would help with heat retention, less electricity used.
It would not hurt but the fumes from whatever oxidizer you you use would destroy it ev

I run a solar blanket on top - the first I cut to fit the water line, the second I left big and it drapes over the edge.

Both helped to reduce evaporation & condensation on the lid - especially in the winter, the second way with the larger edges does an even better job. For $20, if I get an extra year or two out of the top it'll be worth it imo.

I run a solar blanket on top - the first I cut to fit the water line, the second I left big and it drapes over the edge.

Both helped to reduce evaporation & condensation on the lid - especially in the winter, the second way with the larger edges does an even better job. For $20, if I get an extra year or two out of the top it'll be worth it imo.
Then you are good

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.