Softub motor cycling on and off repeatedly

Did you find a solution? Our new soft tub just started doing the same thing. It's been on the same 20 amp gfi since july when we bought it and it's the only thing on it. all of a sudden it wont stop turning off and on...

If it’s been working just fine and now it’s not, you most likely have a problem with the pump.
Is the pump physically turning on and off, or is the display just lighting up and you hear the relays clicking?

Add another one to the list.

Runs just fine when the jets button is pressed, but cycles every few minutes rest of the time. No luck yet figuring it out.

Worked totally fine for just over a year now, plugged in to same outlet whole time, no extension cord

Last edited:
I am having the same issue. I bought it used so no warranty. Cycles off and on every 10 seconds or so. Brought the Hydromate to Softub and they said I needed a new pump assembly. $750 later and it is still doing the same thing! I had a 15amp circuit added just for the tub, because that is what they told me I needed. Maybe I should have went with a 20amp? Or these things are junk and I never should have bought in the first place.

Mine is also turning on and off . Scared what my electric bill will be . Has its own 20 amp plug . Had it for two years and now all of a sudden this . HELP ? Has anyone figured it out yet . Most of these comment are from last July . Thanks

I just got a second hand Softub 220 (C-2013 board) with this same issue. Tub would do initial heat up fine but when it's around target temperature, it would turn on for a short time, then off, and repeat maybe every 15-30 minutes. The digital temperature indicator on the controller would fluctuate every second within a range of about 6 degrees. The temperature probes and control panel were replaced by the previous owner to try and solve this issue (which it didn't). I did some troubleshooting with a multimeter and noticed voltage fluctuations across the temperature sensor terminals (red/black). I added a 10uF capacitor on both temperature sensors and that solved the issue instantly. Temperature readings are now stable and correct, tub doesn't turn on/off constantly anymore. Perhaps this can help someone else. I didn't even solder in the capacitors but just shoved them into the holders, so far so good but something more permanent might be a good idea. I'm not sure what is causing these voltage fluctuations, perhaps it's interference from the motor that's not fully accounted for in the board design.

PXL_20210822_233147070.jpgPXL_20210822_233129810.jpg

Reactions: jrod74747

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Just wondering if you guys are still having luck with your capacitor fix? I was also wondering if the size of capacitor matters?
The capacitor fix is still working great for me. I didn't test any other capacitor sizes. Different sizes will smooth the signal more/less. Since the 25v 10uF one has about 3 months of testing on my tub I'd use that one.

Soft tub is turning on and off repeatedly. We had a specific outlet installed on our porch for the tub exclusively per manufacturers recommendation. Tub shows a P on the display. Reset on the tubs chord didn’t work. HELP!!!

I am getting ready to try the capacitor fix. Do I need to drain the pool and disconnect the pedestal to get to the circuit board? There was a youtube video that said I need to drain and disconnect the pedestal. I just want to make sure. Also, is there a seal at the circuit board that will void the warranty? I am still u under warranty but am getting the run around on customer service. Thanks

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support