SoCal users weekly cost of LQ

I spent about $400 in 2022 on chlorine. I buy a mix of 10% or 12.5% depending on what’s convenient. During the summer I use about 2 gallons a week. During the colder months, 1 gallon a week.

Reactions: Newdude
@AQUA~HOLICS Bummer. I called and they said they only sell to pool businesses not regular folks who just need chlorine. How sad and frustrating at this time when chlorine is incredibly expensive.
Any pool guy I ask will laugh in my face so I suppose the search continues. I need around 70-80 gallons a year. This year so far I’ve used 32 gallons of 10% and 32 gallons of 12.5%.

Last edited:
12.5% I use between 32-40oz per day during summer. Now? Maybe 6oz per day or less. I get the refillable jugs at a local store for about $8 gal. Last time. Cost and consumption vary wildly

@AQUA~HOLICS Bummer. I called and they said they only sell to pool businesses not regular folks who just need chlorine. How sad and frustrating at this time when chlorine is incredibly expensive.
Any pool guy I ask will laugh in my face so I suppose the search continues. I need around 70-80 gallons a year. This year so far I’ve used 32 gallons of 10% and 32 gallons of 12.5%.
Set up an account. It's NBD. There were no mandates on purchase amounts.

Reactions: Newdude
Set up an account. It's NBD. There were no mandates on purchase amounts.
The person at the Van Nuys seemed to imply you need to have a pool related business to set up an account. I’m not in the pool business.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The person at the Van Nuys seemed to imply you need to have a pool related business to set up an account. I’m not in the pool business.
It's not like being a doctor or lawyer. Call or go visit and say you want to open an account for your pool business and see what they say. Even if they want a business license it's like $40. Worth it if it's really convenient for you.

Reactions: Newdude and kul
It’s a bit out of the way, but I’ll look into it some more. I didn’t know it was so easy to get a business license. Seems so official!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.