SoCal new build January 2023

Alaterreur

Bronze Supporter
Sep 26, 2022
Menifee Ca.
I have been researching this site for the last 2 months and have learned a lot but can’t find what people pay for gunite.I plan to do an OB and start the first of the year. I am trying to find the cost on the gunite portion of a pool here in SoCal. The pool will be a rectangle 37X17 and 7X8 spa. I am trying to get a rough estimate before I start calling companies.
My plans are almost finished and I will post it so it can be critiqued by the experts here Before being sent to the Engineers.

In Vegas, I've just got a couple quotes for about 10-12k for a 600 sq ft pool, no spa, 6ft deep. I'm guessing you wouldn't be that far off.

Yes the spa will be raised 18” and the end end wall will be raised 24” due to the 14” slope we have in the yard. Thanks. I am feeling more confident on the size..I will start a new topic and show the design my wife and I have decided.

I will start a new topic and show the design my wife and I have decided.

Keep everything about your build in one Under Construction thread.

Edit the subject line in the first post as necessary.

Okay guys, here is the rough plan I made so far. Spa will be raised 18” and the raised bond beam in the deep end will be 24” instead of 18”. Started with a pool size of 37X16 but may go 17. We have room. We will add a second skimmer as seen. 2 1/2 “ pipes for pool and 3” for spa. Still debating on second pump. Was thinking of 4-5 jets on main pump and second independent pump 5-6 more jets.
I was thinking of making the raised bonded beam similar to the photo attached. This will be on a separate pump along with two bubblers on the Baja shelf.

All equipment will be Pentair
Intellicenter
3 intelliflo 11075 pumps. Overkill?
Largest cartridge filter so I can clean hopefully once a year
400k heater debatable on which one From Pentair. ETI or Mastertemp.
Microbrights. Not sure how many yet but looking at 3 in pool and one in spa.

Gas line will be 1 1/2 inch
Th electrical line being over 160‘ long will probably be 4 awg wire With 60 Amp breaker.

The reason for the raised bond beam there is because there is a 14” slope.

Please review it and give me some idea.

Have not decided on Tile, Coping or color of Pebbletec yet.F8E3209B-BB60-4213-99D9-B18026485248.jpeg390C6752-44D5-45A0-A91E-23ADEB61E6BB.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.