Soap in pool

I needed to raise my alkalinity and bought what I thought was arm and hammer baking soda. I needed 5 lbs so I dumped 5lbs in. I think what I got was some type of arm and hammer detergent because this morning I have a lot of soap suds on top of the pool. Any ideas for cleaning this mess up?

I cannot help you with the suds, but for future reference, Baking Soda is found in the grocery section, ORANGE box, usually with flour, sugar, and other baking supplies.

If you are ever looking for Washing soda, (I think to raise pH and TA together) that is on the laundry side, in an YELLOW box.

Arm & Hammer makes a Laundry detergent (which is what you undoubtedly bought) in an ORANGE box.

Someone will be along... this has happened before!! And in case I have not said it yet,

Welcome to TFP!

The most important thing is to monitor and maintain your FC level. You will probably be needing extra chlorine for a day or two, which will help break down the soap. If it persists you can try an enzyme product to speed up the breakdown.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.