So our intex SWG just went belly up. What do I do next?

Feb 21, 2017
NJ
Error 91.
Verified all numbers were correct.
Cleaned soaking the entire chamber with cleaning vinegar for about 6 hours. Hooked back up, error 91.
Currently replacement intex SWG are going for $700+
I bought mine about 3 years ago for $150 on Amazon. Not paying these insane prices.

I'm the mind to use the pool as target practice at this point, but the wife says no. What are my options?

Error 91.
Verified all numbers were correct.
Cleaned soaking the entire chamber with cleaning vinegar for about 6 hours. Hooked back up, error 91.
Currently replacement intex SWG are going for $700+
I bought mine about 3 years ago for $150 on Amazon. Not paying these insane prices.

I'm the mind to use the pool as target practice at this point, but the wife says no. What are my options?
You can do YouTube videos and show how bullets act in water :) maybe make enough for a new cell 💰

How many gallons is your pool? How much would liquid chlorine cost you per month? Not sure you can find $150 SWG now, but I know a few options exist for much less than $700. They are not brand name, but we had good luck with those "cheap" units, even if they only last 1 year, they are still less expensive then buying chlorine.

How many gallons is your pool? How much would liquid chlorine cost you per month? Not sure you can find $150 SWG now, but I know a few options exist for much less than $700. They are not brand name, but we had good luck with those "cheap" units, even if they only last 1 year, they are still less expensive then buying chlorine.
I've checked online, I can't seem to find anything cheap. Any suggestions?
It's a 13,000 gallon above ground. So I have no idea how much chlorine I need. But with chlorine being non-existent, I'm just pouring bleach in now.

The cheapest way to go is buy a 20K rated dumb system (without any digital display), which will cost you under $400 (total with ground shipping)

If you can spend a little more, you can get a knock off aquarite rated for the 30K.

I had experience with both products, cheap one is kind of throwaway, you go through a few cells and it reached end of its life, the generic aquarite will last you much longer, you can continue to buy cells that is rated for 15K, 25K and 40K (you get more bang for the buck with bigger cells)

The cheapest way to go is buy a 20K rated dumb system (without any digital display), which will cost you under $400 (total with ground shipping)

If you can spend a little more, you can get a knock off aquarite rated for the 30K.

I had experience with both products, cheap one is kind of throwaway, you go through a few cells and it reached end of its life, the generic aquarite will last you much longer, you can continue to buy cells that is rated for 15K, 25K and 40K (you get more bang for the buck with bigger cells
Do you have any links for the knockoff aquarite?

What model SWCG is it? Intex sells replacement parts directly, including replacement cells rather than the entire unit. Some quick searching seems to indicate that that code can pop up when the cell is dead.

Another option as mentioned is to manually chlorinate with liquid chlorine. That’s what I’ve done for the past year we’ve had our pool. A SWCG is more convenient (I’ve got one for our spa) but liquid chlorine isn’t that bad. Downside is you’ll have to add about at least every other day, depending on a few factors, during most of the summer.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.