So many questions

If the water in the pool is the same tap water use to bathe and drink, you're good to go. As a seasonal pool, the only other level to monitor is pH. Although not perfect, you can use your test strips for now to make sure pH stays in range. You should look into purchasing a two-kit that measures FC and pH as a seasonal pool, or the TF-100. You can read more about pH in the ABCs article above.

Just a note on my pool volume. I came across an online calculator that claimed I should do length x width x depth then if Oval use a multiplier of 5.9 which would give me a 3,304 gallon total. Any thoughts on this? I’m just realizing how important this volume piece is!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
@3,600 gallons:

CYA: 50 oz.
12.5% Chlorine/Bleach: 11 oz.

Not much change. In the link Marty posted, set up your pool volume in the top row. You can determine chemical additions by using the "Now" and "Target" columns.

You can still treat your pool as a seasonal pool if you wish.

Reactions: Swimming401
@Swimming401 download the PoolMath app - set your pool up in the settings- it will tell u how much of each chemical to add - don’t rely on the packages it will just confuse the matter. For now it is just cya & liquid chlorine- then 3ppm of liquid chlorine every day until you’re kit arrives. Yes u can swim just allow maybe 15- 30 min for your chlorine to be mixed in.

Reactions: Swimming401
Some things to consider with a Bestway pool:
  1. Don't waste your money on those hang on the side skimmers. Get a through wall skimmer and install it. You'll get real skimming action like an inground pool. I did this late last summer and never regretted it.
  2. Get a good test kit and test religiously. That's how you learn your pool and eventually you'll know what it needs by the look and feel of the water and how it uses chlorine.
  3. I'm still in search of the right vacuum. Right now I have a Pool Blaster battery operated pool vac I'll be breaking in tomorrow. We 'll see how that works. A lot of folks will direct you to a robot. Those are great but EXPENSIVE!! I aspire to one one day.
  4. As for your pump... You're going to want a real one before long. Those little cartridge pumps are about the most worthless things. Save your pennies for a real pump and filter. You can see in my sig what I have -- be sure though to get 3/4 to 1 hp pump so you have more options as to cleaners. Mine doesn't have quite enough oomph to run one of those.
An y questions feel free to ask!
Thank you for this! I see that through wall skimmer got great reviews. The install makes me nervous with having to cut a hole but probably worth it and I’m sure I could do it. I just saw that vacuum in the store the other day! Maybe I’ll give that one a try- reasonable prices. Thanks for all of the advice!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.