So glad I didn't give up!!! TFP, all the way!

Re: Should I just give up? Can

I DID IT!!!!! THIS POOL IS CLEAN!!! Wait till you see the pictures!!!!! The water is soooooooooooo clear this morning. Still a bit of 'dust' when I brush, but nothing to complain about! How can I ever thank you enough? I will have the family over this weekend for a swim and cookout!
There's always this....

And hurry up with them pictures! I may want to include this in my list of inspirational links.

Edit your first message and you should be able to change the title there.

This water is clean! the pool is clear and I am so proud! How do I change the title of my thread? on another note, can I delete some old pics so I can load up some new ones? Photo bucket is not happening yet?

Go to Settings>Attachments

Delete any you wish to remove

In hindsight, I think you should just give up and fill it in.

pool11.jpg

Oh, man, I crack myself up sometimes. :laughblue:

As well you should! I had spend hundreds and was about to give up, wasn't looking for a pool but it came with the house. I may learn to love it! It looks better this afternoon than it did this morning. I will see how much chlorine I loose tonight and then see if I can get a regular maintenance schedule. I will need more help!!! Stand by for more dumb questions.
In hindsight, I think you should just give up and fill it in.

pool11.jpg

Oh, man, I crack myself up sometimes. :laughblue:

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks, it worked!
Go to Settings>Attachments

Delete any you wish to remove

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thank you, thank you , thank you ... the slam seems to be complete. Will do a test tonight to see if I still loose any chlorine. I have a hard time getting to the pool before the sun does. I guess I can let the FC down to a reasonable level and test the pH and adjust as needed. How does that sound?

This is a great thread! Just read through all of it and couldn't see any pictures of what the pool looked like in the beginning, but I felt your frustration. The end result looks fantastic! We don't have a pool yet, but hoping to have one this summer and I'm enjoying reading this forum. Such amazing support and encouragement .....and expertise!

Here is a picture of the water on April 12th, I had already been at it a month with hundreds of dollars spent at the pool store, they wanted me to do a complete drain and re-fill. It was not open last year, as we just bought the house last fall. The water was black/green and nasty. BBB, TFP and a bit of hard work on my part, cleaned this water! bad pool.jpg

:splash:
Well done! Looks like as long as you do some final brushing to make sure the nooks and crannys aren't hiding any critters you are on your way to passing OCLT.

I'd leave your FC at close to SLAM during OCLT. Test it late after sun is down and pry yourself out of bed early before sun beats on it too much. pH can wait for OCLT to pass since you look to be close.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.