Snake climbed in Max E therm 333

Aug 30, 2018
TAmpa/fl
Today I watched a 3 foot black racer climb up and into my Max e therm 333. It looked like he knew exactly where he was going and had done it before. My question is for someone who may know the build of this heater. Is this something that would cause the heater to stop working or any problems. He climbed in the are where the over hang/giant lid is.

Thanks,

Derek

Snakes are not usually an expected component of any pool heater, of any manufacturer. I would encourage him to leave and figure out how to prevent his further access. I'm fine with snakes (non-venomous) but have had poor experiences with them snuggling up to equipment that wasn't designed to accommodate them.

Wait! Dont install that kit! Let that snake get in there, or even better, maybe some rats or mice can get in there. Let them chew everything up. Then see what kind of worth those 2 dollar screens are.

You cant look at it as what the product itself is worth, you need to understand what that product can (and will) save you in terms of money.

Trust me, it is well worth the money. Yes it is something you could have done yourself with a trip to a big box hardware store.

I replace many gas heaters a year because mice or rats have gotten into them and chewed the wires and shorted boards. As for the snake, I would remove the panels and then turn the unit on and see if the heat causes it to slither out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.