Smart testing devices

I’ve got a WaterGuru. It’s pretty close to my actual tests, so I have started relying on it for most pH and FC testing. (I still manually test once a week to just have piece of mind as I can’t feel 100% safe relying on automated tests.) You can send samples of your water to a lab to have the CYA, metals, etc. tested as well.

Cost is about $300 for the device, a bit more if you need an adapter for your skimmer cover. It needs cartridges to run. 60-use cartridges are $20 each or 3 for $50. So $50 covers you for about six months once you have it. It is meant to automatically test once a day at whatever time you pick and report the results to you via phone app. I like it so far.

Also, the biggest game changer for my water testing is a capped piece of 5’ long 1” PVC pipe with a hole drilled near the capped end. I cover the hole with my thumb, submerge, let go to let water in, cover hole with thumb again, and stand up to deposit water in a container on the deck. No more laying down on the deck to get a water sample. :)

I’ve got a WaterGuru. It’s pretty close to my actual tests, so I have started relying on it for most pH and FC testing. (I still manually test once a week to just have piece of mind as I can’t feel 100% safe relying on automated tests.) You can send samples of your water to a lab to have the CYA, metals, etc. tested as well.

Cost is about $300 for the device, a bit more if you need an adapter for your skimmer cover. It needs cartridges to run. 60-use cartridges are $20 each or 3 for $50. So $50 covers you for about six months once you have it. It is meant to automatically test once a day at whatever time you pick and report the results to you via phone app. I like it so far.

Where do you get the water guru to purchase ? How long it takes you to receive ? Does it come with chemical recommendations or subscriptions?

Where do you get the water guru ? It sounds lie worth a shot . Can it do all the chemical testing ? Salt ph free chlorine etc?
They sell direct from their website: Easy Pool Care Smart Device | In-app Expert Advice | WaterGuru

It will test pH, FC, water temp, water flow on a daily basis at whatever time you set. (You want to have it happen while your pump is running.)

They give you a vial to send in a pool sample for additional tested items: CC, TA, CH, CYA, Phosphates, Salt, Copper, Iron. You take the sample and ship it to them in an envelope they provide. Every so often you can order a new test vial to send in.

It does give recommendations, but I don't know that they're in line with what the forum here preaches. They do sell chemicals and would love for you to buy them but you don't need to. Just use standard recommended chemicals from the forum here, and follow the recommendations from here. :)

I pre-ordered so it took a while for me to get it. I don't know what their ship time is like now.

Thanks, i appreciate that info, that may be a deal breaker for us. We can have some swings in temps here that sometimes make the difference between rushing home and meh.... I'll swim tomorrow. If I could tie the in demand temp to monitoring a few chems, I was just about to jump in.

@onewomanarmy .. love your screen name btw... where do you live that you have such wild temp swings? You have not shared with us with your location. If you are looking for pool temp sensing check out
one our members has the pool float sensors tied into the rest of his weather station, If I recall.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.