Small/Plunge Pool/Spool Thoughts

cruisencode

Sep 29, 2020
Florida
I've read the forums a few times over the years, but this is my first time posting.

The wife and I (just the two of us) are planning a move (still within FL). We're looking at some houses in a 55+ community and we want to build a small pool. The thing is that we'd really like to have a sun shelf and a spa as well. The area that we have to work with is probably about 25' wide and maybe 25' or 30' deep. We have some houses in mind and these are our estimates of the size.

Even without the space constraints, we wanted a small pool. We have a pool now and we don't really need something as big. Plus, being in a 55+ community we feel the smaller pool will be OK since we would have a large pool at the main clubhouse.

I'm looking for some ideas of how we can get what we want, and if it's even possible. I'd also love to hear everyone's thoughts and suggestions. Thanks.

This might be less than what you're thinking, but more than it looks because of the way it works. And I think they come in many sizes. If I ever move, this will be my next pool. (This is just one brand, I'm sure there are others.)

Check out their gallery (they have a video gallery, too):

Last edited:
This might be less than what you're thinking, but more than it looks because of the way it works. And I think they come in many sizes. If I ever move, this will be my next pool. (This is just one brand, I'm sure there are others.)

Check out their gallery (they have a video gallery, too):

Thanks, that's an interesting idea. I didn't realize you could put these in-ground. I'm not really sure this is what we're looking for, but I'll keep it in mind.

Reactions: Dirk
If you are planning to move, do your homework on your new HOA, whether they allow pools/spas, and what the easements and set backs are. Before we decided on this house I made sure the yard was the right size and knew the set backs. I even sent a rough draft to a pool builder for his opinion. He marked out where the pool could go, no problem.

Now in our last HOA, they required a $500 payment for their architectural designer to look over the plans before approval. We also learned the set back behind us was 14'. Because of those two things we decided to move and plan elsewhere. We hated to leave our house but it got too expensive to live there.

We decided on a neighborhood that isn't 55 plus. We like the diversity. The family near us is adorable, telling us all about everything and they love our dogs. Whatever you decide, do put something in. It'll keep you young and healthy!

Like you, it’s just my wife and I, and we didn’t want a large pool. Ours is roughly 10 by 20 with a 7 foot spa. She wanted a spa and l wanted something to just float in, so it fits the bill perfectly. It has a sun shelf and the depth is 3 and a half feet to 5 and a half feet. It’s easy to keep clean and uses small amounts of chemicals 😁.

Attachments

• B48EBB51-D29F-4A2E-AE41-82BDB7FC2973.jpeg
    B48EBB51-D29F-4A2E-AE41-82BDB7FC2973.jpeg
    569.9 KB · Views: 69
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.