Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
Hey All,

Today I noticed that I have a small leak from the intake pipe of my Jandy CL580 filter.

I've provided an photo of where I can feel water, you can also see on the ground where its dripping from. It appears to be coming out of the joint nearest the filter.

Is this something I can repair myself ?
What do you use to remove the large junction ?
Do I have to remove the outlet pipe too ?

leak.JPG

Last edited:
Hey 1Poolman1, strap wrench is on order along with new O rings.

Do you know if this is a simple process ?

I've cleaned the filters several times so know how to remove everything, but I've never removed the base.

Do not over tighten unions with O rings. Over tightening will deform the O ring and deform it causing leaks.

Start by hand tightening the O ring and then just a little nudge with the wrench. See if it is leak free. Maybe another nudge if you have a drip.

Hey 1Poolman1, strap wrench is on order along with new O rings.

Do you know if this is a simple process ?

I've cleaned the filters several times so know how to remove everything, but I've never removed the base.
I tighten everything snug, by hand at first. If no leaks it allows for tightening a bit later as O rings relax. If it leaks at first I give it about 1/8 more turn per try just to not overtighten. Especially the union nut must not be overtightened as it will break. You then have to by the whole union assembly and replumb, not fun.

Thanks all, I removed the the filter over the weekend including the inlet connection from the base section. I replaced the O ring and added a little lube and it seems to have resolved my issue :)

Reactions: PoolGate
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.