unbrokenlink

Jul 13, 2022
Boca Raton, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have this piece of grout missing which I need to fix. What is the best product that will stick to both plaster and plastic as it’s half and half? Also, is there a way to do it without emptying the water?

Attachments

• RenderedImage.jpeg
    RenderedImage.jpeg
    231.6 KB · Views: 24
you might be able to plug off the skimmer opening. They make some inserts that will go in there to block water from coming in. Or maybe some flex-seal tape?

As for filling the grout, I would probably use some silicone grout caulk. should be relatively easy to get it in there to fill that spot to be water tight.

Use...

I have this piece of grout missing which I need to fix. What is the best product that will stick to both plaster and plastic as it’s half and half? Also, is there a way to do it without emptying the water?
It’ll last longer if you lower the water level. Stay away from silicone.

Curious about this. What's wrong with using silicone?
Once silicone is on the surface you can't get anything else to stick on the area and it’s harder to make further repairs in the future. The white marine epoxy would be a better choice in that area, it’ll even cure under water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.