May 19, 2016
St Catharines, Ontario, Canada
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello

Took my winter cover off to complete the opening of my pool and noticed 2 small folds in the side walls of my vinyl liner in the shallow end on opposite sides. They are about 36 inches in length and about a 1/2 inch fold. A few weeks back in the early spring I noticed the liner in the swallow end was floating a bit away from the side walls when I checked behind the cover. We live very close to Lake Ontario and have a lot of ground water in the spring.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this happening? It's the first time the liner has folded like this and not stretched out when the ground water recedes and the pool is filled.

Thanks

S

Hey Swampwoman. I can't be a 100% sure the ground water has receded completely. I will watch to see if there are any changes as I started to bring the pool up to swimming temperature. The water is only 55 degrees as it has been a cool spring. Hopefully it will tighten up as the days progress. Thanks.

S

Ugh...the wrinkles haven't gone away, so asked the pool company that installed the liner in 2016 to come over and take a look.....the only way to fix the wrinkles is to drain the pool to,the bottom of the shallow end to stretch the liner down and heat with hot water to smooth out the crease. Disappointing news to say the least.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.