Small bubbles from the return line

LOL, I had this same issue and it took me MONTHS to figure it out. I thought I had a leak for the longest time and I even tried to use shaving cream to find the suction leak.

But yes, you will see small constant bubbles from SWG AND my bubbles didn't go away right after shutting off the SWG (which is why I didn't associate the bubbles to the SWG when troubleshooting "the leak"). Now that you know what they are and depending on the settings of the SWG (mine is turned down low), you will see them come and go as the SWG turns on and off.

Reactions: alex800 and mknauss
Our new pool is was opened about a month ago and we just start noticing small bubbles from one of the return lines. Any idea what could it be?

Video
I had the same yesterday! My PB came and checked everything this morning and found the root cause. A part in the skimmer (I cannot recall the name) was stuck causing an air flow issue. I haven’t had any bubbles every since this was fixed. The PB will be back Monday to ensure I the issue is resolved.

I believe that the amount of bubbles that you can see varies depending on how fast the pump is running, and how your particular plumbing is laid out...

I would not be concerned if you don't notice any bubbles as long as you know that the SWCG is working based upon your FC testing.. I also would not spend any time trying to get rid of the bubbles, if you can confirm that they are being caused by the SWCG.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
When my SWCG is routed to my pool I see the bubbles in my return jets, when it is routed to the spa at the same generation level I see no bubbles. I think it is because the water is moving much quicker with just the two smaller spa returns. Just because you don't see bubbles doesn't mean it isn't generating. I just look at the actual salt cell to make sure the bubbles are visible there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.