Small brown spots

May 29, 2018
Tiverton, RI
Hi all - I noticed some small brown spots on the bottom of the pool today - mostly just past the return. They’re pea-sized and very stubborn - I couldn’t brush or scrape them off with my fingernail. I haven’t tried the vitamin C tab test yet (only have powder on hand), but curious if anyone has any thoughts as to what it may be and if I should be concerned? Our inherited liner is old and “lightly” stained all over the sides & bottom, but these little spots are a seemingly new development.

Chemistry is good - SLAMmed for a day+ a week ago and FC levels are stable. Passed overnight test last night, but CC increased to 0.5 from 0 (we did get a bunch of rain). In addition to Cl liquid I’ve added a bit of pH rise (bucket method) Alkalinity rise (bucket method) hardness up (broadcast) and stabilizer (sock) all according to package or pool math calculations.

Current #s:
FC 7.0
CC 0.5
pH 7.5
Alk 70
CH 75
CYA 50

A8EF7EE8-F819-45E2-98B5-40A033DFFB58.jpeg

20C7CFD0-2999-494D-9479-EAE580EAD0CC.jpeg

Doubtful that the calcium chloride or baking soda would have contaminants in it to cause that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.