Small algae spots after SLAM

Jul 13, 2015
Southeast Michigan
I had a few green spots around the outside edge of my pool that were less that 3-4 inches. I slammed the pool for 3 days. I went in to vacuum and noticed there were still some there. I don’t know if I missed these when brushing the first time (probably) or if they came back. How did these survive?! Any tips?

Hey T. Visible algae usually points to an incomplete SLAM. Your post that you may have missed brushing them ‘the first time’ usually backs that up. SLAM brushing is at the very least a few times and it would be much harder to guess which time the spots were missed. Perform and Overnight Chlorine Loss Test and see if there is any chemistry issues, or if you are in fact done and the small amount of visable algae isn’t enough to matter once you brush it away.

Also take the time for a good once over. skimmer assembly and stairs/ladders have put many a member right Back to square one. It’s a pain to pull and drain/clean the stairs, but that’s a lot of old water to keep in the newly balanced pool.

keep us posted. (y)(y)

Reactions: setsailsoon
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.