Slowly progressing...

I did finish my hog wire railings though!

H7Xw0i.jpg

elIMC5.jpg

I really like your your platform for getting in the pool! Very neat how you did that!

So this is the little doo dad where I was getting one of my drips...
doo dad.jpeg
…just on the end with the gray Intex nut, it was dripping where it screwed on to my swg.

So I went to Ace to get the box adapters needed to make that Intex compatible fitting…
doo dad parts.jpeg
…and Home Depot to get the inch and a half female adapters.

Then just glue them together like any other pvc connection…
hybrid intex fitting.jpeg

I used a different Intex nut, this one is a little thicker than the other one. It seems like it’s holding now, but everything is wet and it was dark when I got done. So we’ll see tomorrow.

Last edited:
So the little adapter I made is nice and dry(y)...but I feel like something is still not quite right. Inside the skimmer was "water spouting" and there was a bumble bee in there that wasn't getting sucked right to the bottom of the basket, but if I take the basket out and put my hand in there, it has some serious suction! I think there might be too much water in the pool, I filled it to normal, then it rained pretty hard the next day. I'm not seeing bubbles in the pump basket housing, but the water is swirling right at the top in there.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
is the weir door working? I got it in my head the foam was waterlogged in mine and ordered a new door, but it floats at the same level so now I have a spare.
Hahaha...oh my god...I just realized after reading the first five words of your post, I didn't even put it back on!! Unbelievable...wow. I knew something wasn't right. Thank you for your post!

Edit: I'm going to put it on right now!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Pv2
Hello pool people!

It’s that time of year again!…I hope everyone has had a safe and healthy winter/off season…and that goes for the ones that don’t have 4 seasons as well!

This past Wednesday I separated my one season old “piece of :poop: ” pump that I got from Inyo pools (not a big fan) because I remember it had a drip where the basket housing fit to the pump snout…
2FAEB1B0-96ED-4705-8F42-6FCFC6224909.jpeg
…I put some black RTV around the snout, then put my homemade gasket back on, then more on the snout itself and reassembled the two with my homemade lock ring. I’m hoping no leaks there.

Fast forward to today.

The new SWG of course has different inlet/outlet configuration than the old one so I had to change the return a little bit.
I’m not thrilled or proud using the convoluted Intex hose, but with my back issues, it was way easier than making a U with pvc and a lot less connections…
61B0F7F7-E736-448E-A8FA-249577E8D2E1.jpeg

Don’t judge me lol

The new SWG of course has different inlet/outlet configuration than the old one so I had to change the return a little bit.
I’m not thrilled or proud using the convoluted Intex hose, but with my back issues, it was way easier than making a U with pvc and a lot less connections…

Don’t judge me lol
NO judging here!!! Good job doing what you could to make it work for you!!! Now go whisper sweet words into your wife's ear to see if you can talk her into helping with the PVC down the road. Those hoses "rot" out from the heat over time so be ready for it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.