Slightly cloudy water

ChrisL75

Apr 2, 2020
Lakeland, FL
Hello all, two weeks ago I did a water exchange to lower my CYA. I adjusted all parameters according to pool math and my pool was very clear. Yesterday I did my daily chlorine and pH tests and my FC was 0. I also noticed the pool water was slightly cloudy, still pretty clear but not as clear as it was. I added liquid bleach to quickly raise chlorine back up and checked my swcg and it appears to be operating correctly.

This mornings test results:

FC 5
CC 0
pH 7.8
TA 90
CH 600
CYA 50
Salt 2800

I am thinking my CYA and salt numbers were lowered by the daily rain I have been getting here, in fact I need to remove a couple inches of water now. Could I possibly have some algae causing my FC to go to 0 yesterday morning? Or is it due to my CYA creeping down too low? Should I do a SLAM?

Thank you all for your help.

During the rain, there is a chance the SWCG was getting low salt level water and was not generating.

I suggest your add a gallon of liquid chlorine now. And another this evening. Then see how things look tomorrow. If clear, then raise your CYA back up to 70 ppm.

Just wanted to report that adding liquid chlorine (I added bleach) as suggested above worked out great! Pool is back to being very clear.

I'm in the process of raising CYA now, I dissolved half the pool math recommended dose last night. I turned off the swcg last night and haven't turned it back on yet. Was thinking now that the chlorine was measured at 13.5 it would be good to let it lower some.

Reactions: mknauss
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.