Slight tingling in pool

Eaglesfan27

Jul 29, 2019
Galloway, NJ
Hello everyone! I'm new to the forum and found it when searching for terms similar to my problem. I have a pool that is 4 years old. It is a salt water pool and fiberglass construction. Just recently (this weekend), me and my guests began feeling a slight tingling when holding onto the ladder rails and the water. I also have a "baby pool" attached to the main pool with a partial wall in between the two. If I'm standing in the deep pool and touch the baby pool water, I feel the tingling as well. We had our pool company out and they state that "salt water generators sometimes create static electricity on the surface of the pool" and that it is nothing to worry about, but they will add some part to our salt water-chlorine generator "which should make the problem go away." Does this explanation make sense?

I almost deleted your post just due to your user name.. :)

Saltwater generators work off of DC volts and in no way can cause you to get a "tingle".. I call it bull, but the real question is... Did whatever they added solve the problem???

Jim R.

Sorry, been a life long fan since I was watching games on my grandfather's lap as a little kid. They haven't added it yet. They just came out tonight to examine the pool and are supposed to add it on Wednesday, but it feels like bull to me. Thinking about calling them back and telling them not to do it and getting a fresh set of eyes on the problem.

Is the pool company the same company that built the pool? If so, I would let them come out and do whatever they think might fix it. That way they have acknowledged the problem. If/when that does not work maybe it will be easier to get them to help fix the real issue.

Is the pool company the same company that built the pool? If so, I would let them come out and do whatever they think might fix it. That way they have acknowledged the problem. If/when that does not work maybe it will be easier to get them to help fix the real issue.

Yes, it is the same company that built the pool. They have done all of my service work since it was installed.

What you are feeling is 2 separate failures. First, there is something releasing stray voltage. And second, your pool is not properly bonded because if it was, you would not be feeling the tingle. Definitely stay out until at least the bonding is fixed, as often the stray voltage is not something you have control over.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.