Slight bow (dent) behind an upright

Jandasinger

Jun 22, 2020
Ohio
Hello all! We just did a DIY install of a 24 foot round Aqualeader pool. The pool is almost full and there is one area that is slightly concerning me. The upright has “lifted” off the pavers slightly and there is a inward bow at the bottom near the track. It has gotten better as the pool has filled but it’s still there. I think the track to the left of it has settled slightly causing that upright to shift upwards. I have measured and used a level all the way around my pool and the water level is no more than an inch off in certain places. I have put a level on all of the top seats and there is only a slight unlevel section around that area of the pool. I’ve tried to scrape out some dirt along the track and that pavers but it doesn’t do anything, and I’m assuming it’s bc the opposite side has sunk down. My questions are

1.) should I try to raise up the track that sunk down and pack in some dirt?
2.) if my pool is nearly level will the integrity of my pool be ok if we leave it be?

I should also mention my pool has 16 uprights and only a few of them on not perfectly level vertically, but pretty close (the little bubble of the level is not quite in between the 2 lines but almost, if that makes sense.) I’ve been a nervous WRECK installing and I just need someone to tell me it’s ok or it’s not! Lol!

Post some pics of your situation.

I think packing in dirt is worthless. It does not provide any support.

Take careful notes of where and how much things are out of level. Recheck weekly and if anything shifts then it is a warning sign. If things stay stable then you will be good for the season.

If you look at both of the bottom plates you can see the one is slightly raised off the paver

Attachments

• 00BB4A3F-5104-44A4-9035-B49E1046558F.png
    00BB4A3F-5104-44A4-9035-B49E1046558F.png
    360.1 KB · Views: 56
  • 444CAF08-6E92-44DB-93D9-3F0FA11D33AD.jpeg
    444CAF08-6E92-44DB-93D9-3F0FA11D33AD.jpeg
    357.7 KB · Views: 51
Post some pics of your situation.

I think packing in dirt is worthless. It does not provide any support.

Take careful notes of where and how much things are out of level. Recheck weekly and if anything shifts then it is a warning sign. If things stay stable then you will be good for the season.
I posted some pictures of it yesterday and I’m getting ready to post ones from today after more water

I makes me think the wall is buckling a little. Is the liner very tight? Maybe pulling on the wall or the uprights?
The liner was definitely tighter on that side and we let some out initially since it’s an overlap. We
Are around 13-14 inches from being full and the liner seems to be sitting nicely against the side. Do you think letting some of the liver out could possibly help? We don’t have a ton of slack left, maybe 5-6 inches

The liner was definitely tighter on that side and we let some out initially since it’s an overlap. We
Are around 13-14 inches from being full and the liner seems to be sitting nicely against the side. Do you think letting some of the liver out could possibly help? We don’t have a ton of slack left, maybe 5-6 inches
Also I went around and measured very carefully from the top of upright to the top of water and there are 5 uprights that are 1 inch off. I’ll post a picture. And the buckle is right where the first tall upright is

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Looks like the track came off the paver that’s adjacent to the lifted vertical, pushing down causing the other to rise. Probably a lot of stress on that resin bottom track.
It does look like that! I’ll send a closer view. The majority of it is on the paver, but I guess you are right, the part that holds the actual track is off the paver. However, both of those uprights are 1 inch high, and if you go around to the next 3 beside those 2 (total of 5 uprights) they are all 1 inch higher than the other 11. The other 11 are perfectly level and match. I’m actually extremely perplexed. The uprights are actually lifted, so it would do no good to lower the pavers now that I look really carefully. And the 2 uprights where the slight rise begins each the low side touching the paver and the other side slightly lifting. Now I am wondering if the liner is too tight causing it too much tension and pulling from the top? I’ll send closer pics.

pool problem.jpeg
I see some nuts and bolts are missing at the bottom of the panel, and it looks like the bottom of the joining bar is bent. Is this a new pool or did you get it used? Also how warm was it when you installed the liner?

It does look like that! I’ll send a closer view. The majority of it is on the paver, but I guess you are right, the part that holds the actual track is off the paver. However, both of those uprights are 1 inch high, and if you go around to the next 3 beside those 2 (total of 5 uprights) they are all 1 inch higher than the other 11. The other 11 are perfectly level and match. I’m actually extremely perplexed. The uprights are actually lifted, so it would do no good to lower the pavers now that I look really carefully. And the 2 uprights where the slight rise begins each the low side touching the paver and the other side slightly lifting. Now I am wondering if the liner is too tight causing it too much tension and pulling from the top? I’ll send closer pics.
E1435E59-EF5A-4DA6-B0EA-2A0643663AD6.jpeg

I am leaning towards the liner being too tight and it is pulling on the wall and uprights in that area. You will need at least one person helping you to ease the liner out in that area. Slow starting on one end with the others holding just past you to make sure the rest of it does not go too fast. GOOD LUCK!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.