Slide vs ball

Check valves with flaps are better, Jandy makes some good ones, these are a little cheaper else where but here is what jandy and fibero look like Amazon.com: FibroPool 1 1/2" POSI- Close Non- Lube Check Valve : Industrial & Scientific

Dont use slide valves use these Amazon.com : deverter valve

They dont get as stiff. When they do get hard to turn you can open them and lube em.
Jandy, hayward, pentair all make good valves. I like hayward best. Look to pay about 40 each, You can find them cheaper at pool wholesellers that are not on amazon. I just bought a case of hayward two ways for 27 each. So shop around.
You will hate the ball valves.

Reactions: UKjames
Thanks! I notice that has a spring is that better than without- I wondered about extra effort for the pump?

Im struggling to find those in the UK. Although- I know last time I said this for something, someone here found them!

Do you know what options are available on the pentair you link to?

Can you split and adjust the weighting of the flow between two outlets as opposed to 1 outlet or the other?

Ordered some of those pentair ones hopefully the import duty won’t smart too much! Thanks for the link

reading around this site seems that I don’t need a check valve between swcg and heater you only need a check valve for a puck feeder..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.