Slamming, the order of things ?

Aug 9, 2016
lancaster PA.
good morning
last year i followed all slamming guidelines on this site including using the suggested test kit, i was thrilled with results but i want maximize my efforts and efficiency during slam. my question is once i take cover off to open pool should i just start with my bleach or must i first get Cya right along with PH before . My 1st instinct is to just start with a FC test and go right to slam using pool math. I'm curious of the order of things others on here follow once they remove cover..thank you for this site and your input

Spend another 10 minutes of testing to be sure your ph is about 7.3 and adjust it if not. Make sure your CYA level is about 30 minimum. How will you know what level of SLAM FC to stick with if you don't know what your CYA level is?

Run a full set of test results. Adjust your pH to 7.2 and retest to confirm. While that is circulating test your CYA. Depending on how your water looks and if CYA has dropped to zero, you may want to check for ammonia. After that, you would add enough CYA powder to a sock to get to 30 or 40 ppm and hang in front of a return. You would then start your SLAM based on the expected amount of CYA in the water (including that amount you placed in the sock).

Let us know of any questions along the way!

Take care.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.